Rightly or wrongly, Instagram has become something of trek through the mundane and formulaic – the sunset, a trendy burger, infinite cats. But Jung von Matt and Alster are trying to turn those cliches on their head with their new Untamed campaign for Mercedes. The challenge is simple – Instagram users are invited to take and upload an image which encompasses the idea of “the natural enemy of the average.” They’re looking for unusual, intriguing, provocative and inspirational photographs with the best projected as part of a digital installation in Paris throughout April. So spare us another snap of your dinner and let’s start seeing something out of the ordinary.
Upload your entry at untamed-installation.com
This post was produced in association with Mercedes.
- Dennis Church’s 12-year project sees him capture the visual noise of America’s streets
- Hudson Christie’s illustration trickery uses depth to create textured, flat pieces
- A rare interview with enigmatic and cherished photographer, Nguan
- Karen Asher photographs the people and happenings of Winnipeg, Canada
- Nieves founder Benjamin Sommerhalder shares his passion for books and zines
- Meet the speakers: Dougal Wilson, Ewen Spencer, GraphicDesign& and Gal-dem
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner