Rightly or wrongly, Instagram has become something of trek through the mundane and formulaic – the sunset, a trendy burger, infinite cats. But Jung von Matt and Alster are trying to turn those cliches on their head with their new Untamed campaign for Mercedes. The challenge is simple – Instagram users are invited to take and upload an image which encompasses the idea of “the natural enemy of the average.” They’re looking for unusual, intriguing, provocative and inspirational photographs with the best projected as part of a digital installation in Paris throughout April. So spare us another snap of your dinner and let’s start seeing something out of the ordinary.
Upload your entry at untamed-installation.com
This post was produced in association with Mercedes.
- “My creativity is sparked by music and architecture”: meet graphic designer Stephanie Specht
- Bodily discomfort supplies the “subtle strangeness” of Melissa Schriek’s photographs
- Tara Booth explores the reality of her escapist fantasies in a lyrical new book
- Artist Brian Rideout paints private art collections that will never be publicly available again
- Photographer Eva Verbeeck looks at the place of young women in modern American society
- Simple, experimental and sophisticated websites all feature in Double Click July
- New study claims to pinpoint the most creative time of day, down to the minute
- Singapore-based studio Swell explores the idea of the banished book
- "My little niece and my grandmother like the game equally": how Playables made the simply addictive Kids
- In being "open to possibilities" still life painter Duane Keiser paints the everyday joys of life
- What the cluck? KFC releases limited-edition bucket hat
- For Bizzarri-Rodriguez, book design “is everything except a science”