Michael Willis is no stranger to antiquated imagery. The London-based designer and illustrator produces anachronistic compositions that place Grecian nudes in fluorescent Miami landscapes and doric columns among the paraphernalia of a luxurious cocktail party.
Given this penchant for fusing the ancient and modern Michael was the obvious creative choice for Kenzo’s latest project, a deck of sinister tarot cards with a modern twist. Based on the Major Arcana Tarot deck the Psy-Chic cards are backed with illustrations in Michael’s trademark style and feature Jean-Paul Goude’s latest campaign on the front. Perfect for a spot of live Tarot reading in Paris.
If that’s not enough Willis action for you right now he’s just re-launched his website with a shed-load of great new projects for your perusal. Job done!
- “We will fight on the battlefield!”: A day in the office of Studio O.OO
- This is Antwerp: why you'll want to visit Europe's most atypical city
- A glimpse inside FKA twigs’ year-long pole-performance training schedule
- Graphics studio Brest Brest Brest injects some silliness into French cultural institutions
- Enter the saccharine lunacy of Becky and Joe’s idents for Trolli sweets
- AI personality consultant to digital matte painter: The creative jobs you didn’t know existed
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!