To celebrate the 30th anniversary of art3, a non-profit arts organisation based in Valence, France, My Name is Wendy was commissioned to produce Always want the Space to Reappear a graphic design project that saw the studio produce 16 new posters. The project was launched simultaneously in three ways: online via social networks, through a virtual exhibition and in a physical urban exhibition.
“The posters are based on a repeated graphic module. It’s an emergence of a shape in a process of duplication, movement or proliferation until it is exhausted,” explains the studio. "There are insertions within layers that create micro-differences in the density and transparency. This principle stages a “ghostly” module and creates a temporality through the succession of areas/surfaces.”
The posters were physically displayed around the town of Valence throughout February and March 2017. For the virtual exhibition, artists who had been commissioned by art3 were invited to photograph a billboard in their hometown, and the studio digitally placed the artwork within the display case. The posters are available to purchase by contacting art3.
- Graphic designer Angharad Hengyu Owen on textual shapes and wandering poems
- Chase Middleton’s candid, bizarre and compelling photographs of strangers
- Illustrator Marie Jacotey on depicting emotions we daren’t talk about
- Humans’ impact on Earth inspired Bleed’s custom typefaces for Anthopros
- Girls! Illustrator Martina Paukova opens her first major show in London
- OOF magazine explores the world of art and football
- Nike’s latest ad features 258 young Londoners proving that “Nothing Beats a Londoner”
- Monument Valley designer Ken Wong releases interactive comic mobile game, Florence
- Meet graphic designer Jonathan Isaacson and his hybrid portfolio
- Artist claims Kendrick Lamar video for Black Panther song used her work without permission
- Bureau Bertrand Clément’s portfolio represents the importance of playful graphic design
- Official portraits of Barack and Michelle Obama have been unveiled