The first thing that springs to mind when thinking of Russian entrepreneurs is not “How could I make their lives easier?” but that’s probably why I’m not the CEO of a wildly successful tech start-up. Curse you brain! For the founders of Knopka, however, the streamlining of entrepreneurial life for Russian entrepreneurs is pretty much their raison d’être, and it seems like their service is littered with good ideas, combining banking, accountancy and personal assistant services within one simple app.
Another good idea they’ve had is to commission NB studio to design and implement all of their branding with characteristic flair. NB’s design takes the “Knopka” name (which means “button” in Russian) and turns it into a series of iconic coloured dots that fit seamlessly into the product’s UI, sit beautifully on all of their physical products and add a real sense of tactility to an otherwise fairly abstract online service. Oh and everything’s presided over by a charming little girl illustrated by Jean Jullien. Frankly these Russian entrepreneurial types are being spoiled.
- Meet the speakers: Dougal Wilson, Ewen Spencer, GraphicDesign& and Gal-dem
- Claire Hentschker: the artist who recreated The Shining as an interactive 3D space
- Rosanna Webster and Phoebe Henry’s cinematic portrait of Cuba
- Alex Hunting’s crisp editorial designs are considered and multi-layered
- Raine Allen Miller’s latest ad shows kids experiencing the “side effects” of tech toys
- Colin Pantall's warm depiction of childhood and fatherhood taken over 12 years
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner