One Nicer Tuesdays down, many more to go, and for the second edition of our new Tuesday night event (it really is the new Wednesday you know) we’ve lined up another sweet list of speakers to entertain and illuminate you with their professional insights – you can get your hands on tickets right now!
This time we’re looking at collaborations and the areas in which disciplines, interests and personalities intersect. With that in mind we’ve invited long-time collaborators and the brains behind Eye magazine, Simon Esterson and John Walters, animation partners and actual, real-life brothers The Layzell Bros, architectural wünderkinds Studio Weave with their sometime illustrating collaborators Nous Vous and one of Wieden + Kennedy’s youngest creative partnerships, Freddie and Hollie (remember 3’s moonwalking pony? that was them). Each team will be collaborating on their very own ten-minute talk in which they’ll enlighten and inform us about their working practice.
It wouldn’t be Nicer Tuesdays without a wildcard element though, so in the spirit of adventure we’ll once again be inviting one attendee to give a three minute talk on this month’s theme. Think you can handle it?
Looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday May 28 at Shoreditch Studios for some top-quality talks and a handful of beers. Also, we might not have mentioned this before but we serve some of the best popcorn in town, so make sure you don’t miss out!
- Karen Asher photographs the people and happenings of Winnipeg, Canada
- Meet the speakers: Dougal Wilson, Ewen Spencer, GraphicDesign& and Gal-dem
- Claire Hentschker: the artist who recreated The Shining as an interactive 3D space
- Rosanna Webster and Phoebe Henry’s cinematic portrait of Cuba
- Alex Hunting’s crisp editorial designs are considered and multi-layered
- Raine Allen Miller’s latest ad shows kids experiencing the “side effects” of tech toys
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner