What are you doing on 28 August? We’ll be at Oval Space for Nicer Tuesdays, listening to a line-up which includes newly appointed Pentagram partner Sascha Lobe, illustrator and ceramicist Charlotte Mei and Luke Evans will be showing us his photography that will alter your perception of everyday life. Tickets are now available, here, so you can join us too!
Following your request in our recent audience survey, this month we’ll also be offering a discounted rate for those coming in a group of four or more!
Sascha Lobe is a name many graphic designers will recognise. With several accolades, including over 100 international design awards, earlier this year it was announced Sascha would move from his role at L2M3 Communication Design to become the latest Pentagram partner in London. To welcome him to London’s design scene, Sascha will be taking the Nicer Tuesdays audience through his impressive design career explaining how he got to this prestigious point.
Luke Evans is a photographer who bends a viewer’s eye. With a joyful attitude that takes objects and catapults them into something entirely new with the help of his lens, Luke’s images are never quite as they seem. After taking a break over the past few years during a brief experience with cancer, Luke will be taking the Nicer Tuesday’s audience through his personal journey and his eye-opening comeback project, Second Nature.
Charlotte Mei is an illustrator whose medium switches and swaps whenever she’s sees fit. Whether it’s a painting, a line drawing or a ceramic object, Charlotte’s pieces encapsulate a certain cuteness that has seen clients and fans fall for her time and time again. Constantly working on new pieces, Charlotte will be talking through her many methods of working and sharing the personal projects that go onto to inform her client-based work.
- Francesca Allen on using photography as a means of self-expression
- Review of the Year 2018: Back to Back with Joey Yu and Olimpia Zagnoli
- Ram Han’s work continues to rekindle images of childhood nostalgia
- Sophy Hollington on learning to be creatively fulfilled while earning a living in 2018
- Same Paper and KangHee Kim's latest book is a golden journey from dawn to dusk
- We ask Duncan Cowles to create the ultimate Christmas ad, using only Adobe Stock and some expert advice
- Alex Gamsu Jenkins’ comics remind us of how gross we really are
- Pantone's Colour of the Year 2019 has been announced and it's... Living Coral!
- DIA channels NYC and gives Squarespace its signature kinetic treatment in brand refresh
- Pop culture powerhouse Bryan Rivera's 2018 in graphic design
- Don't worry, be angry: how politics and creativity collided in 2018
- Shun Ishizuka's designs combine Western design influences for a Japanese context