For the final Nicer Tuesdays of the year we’re returning to Downstairs at Mother London for a very special evening of talks celebrating what we feel are some of the creative highlights of 2013.
Joining us is French illustrator Jean Jullien who will talk about his show Allo? which playfully captured our ever-dependent relationship with technology, and artist Alex Chinneck whose jaw-dropping project from the knees of my nose to the belly of my toes attracted international attention from the media and art world alike by making the front of a Margate house appear to slide into the street!
Also speaking is founder and editor of Intern Magazine Alec Dudson, whose innovative approach to publishing has provided a platform for new talent whilst also pushing forward the debate over unpaid workers in creative industries, and Irish designer Amy West who will tell us about her hoax design project Grafik BS which turned a satirical eye on the proliferation of trend-driven graphic design in 2013.
As Christmas is just around the corner, there will also be an It’s Nice That pop-up shop with a range of products to provide some last minute presents (for others, or you know, yourself).
As always with Nicer Tuesdays, the drinks are on us so come on down and round off the year in style!
Nicer Tuesdays is taking place on Tuesday 17th December – get your tickets here.
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Taschen releases two volumes of National Geographic’s best photographs from the past 125 years
- Simon Landrein takes Dan Croll down the rabbit hole in his animated video for Tokyo
- Thomas Duffield on photographing his dad’s hidden heroin addiction
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled