At July’s Nicer Tuesdays, an eclectic and inspiring group of creatives will be speaking at Oval Space about their latest work. Get tickets now for 25 July to hear from Spin’s Tony Brook and Claudia Klat, illustrator Kelly Anna, photographer Peter Anderson and ManvsMachine’s Ellie Bailey. The event is now sold out – sign up to the newsletter to be the first to know about future events.
In its 20-something years of existence, graphic design studio Spin has established a reputation as one of the most sophisticated in the business. From its identity for Ministry of Sound to publications such as Adventures in Typography, the work spans big brands and niche projects. At Nicer Tuesdays, Tony Brook and Claudia Klat from Spin will be speaking about its identity and book design for Parisian publisher Corps Reviver.
Illustrator Kelly Anna is quickly making big waves in the creative world with her bold and powerful figurative works. Kelly will be telling us more about her background, live illustrating fashion shows and working as head of print for Illustrated People, which led to the likes of Beyoncé and Cara Delevingne wearing her designs. She’ll also be sharing insights to her inspiration and process on recent work for Nike, Stella McCartney, Women Who, and an upcoming book.
Mick Jagger, Iggy Pop, Ozzy Osborne, Madonna and David Byrne are just a few of the subjects of Peter Anderson’s photographs. Once in-house photographer at NME in the 70s and 80s, Peter made a career out of capturing the scene at indie clubs with his candid and dynamic approach. He’ll be sharing some fascinating tales from that time, and his career since.
International design agency ManvsMachine has one of the highest profile client lists imaginable, creating innovative motion design and branding work for the likes of Channel 4, Honda, Lexus and Nike. The latter of these represents some of the studio’s most exciting output, exemplified by its recent imagery for Air Max Day. Executive producer Ellie Bailey will be telling us more about the project.
Event Partner: Adobe
Designer. Photographer. Filmmaker. Dreamer. No matter who you are, there’s something for you in the latest release of Creative Cloud. Adobe is proud to sponsor Nicer Tuesdays 2017 and ready to show you what’s new.
Supported by: Park Communications
As one of London’s most respected printers, Park Communications is known for its care, attention to detail and high quality, which is why Printed Pages is among the titles it produces.
Drinks sponsor: Hop House 13
Thanks to Hop House 13 for providing the drinks!
- Luis Alberto Rodriguez photographs use contorted and twisted limbs to express emotion
- Season Zine's Felicia Pennant on how the publication puts female football fans first
- Record label Melody as Truth is carving out a woozy, spacey audio-visual niche
- “Create a flag that represents your own Island” – The amazing entries from the #MyIslandFlag Insta brief
- We ask Nadine Redlich, Wieden+Kennedy and more to visualise their highlights of the World Cup
- Friday Mixtape: Caterina Bianchini's mix to listen to "In your pants! On the bus! Walking! Running!"
- Photographer Jack Johnstone's dreamy images are so soft they're almost otherworldly
- “Unporn” is the photo stock collection for those suggestive, naughty moments
- KangHee Kim's images are as satisfying to create as they are to look at
- Penguin unveils striking series of redesigned Jack Kerouac books
- Veteran designer Sir Kenneth Grange has reconfigured the pint glass
- Sophy Hollington’s striking tarot deck combines mysticism with a glam-punk contemporary twist