Back in October we told you all about a super exciting competition held by Nissan, offering budding photographers the chance to go to Tokyo to check out their 2013 Motor Show, with an extra prize exclusive to It’s Nice That readers for a trip for two to Berlin.
We’re very excited to announce that the winner of the trip to Berlin has now been chosen! The competition asked entrants to send over an image on the theme of “Urban Life”, and the winning shot, taken by Albert Elm, is cheeky and gritty without giving in to a cliché’d urban skyline. Albert’s keen eye scouted out a burst of vibrant colour in what can be a monotonous landscape, asking more questions than it provides answers in a way that only the most interesting photographs do. Wooooo! Well done Albert! Send us a postcard, will ya?
- Artist Adham Faramawy and Mount Kimbie collaborate for the anniversary of Uniqlo Tate Lates
- Bureau David Voss on the visual language it creates for each project
- Manshen Lo creates surreal, comic-inspired observational illustrations
- “To me, being a man just means being yourself”: five creatives share their thoughts on masculinity
- Hexatope: the web-app utilising computational arts to make personalised jewellery
- Lucy Hardcastle on her “most progressive film to date”
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum