Continuing the success of our first talks series, we have again invited a number of exciting creatives working across a broad range of disciplines to share their thought-provoking ideas on contemporary themes. The first event in the five-talk series, On [Digital Experience], will feature talks by interactive designer Ross Philips, award-winning digital artist Daniel Brown, and digital art practice Stewdio’s Stewart Smith, on the intersection between art and technology. Tickets are on sale now for £12.
On [Digital Experience] synopses
Ross Phillips will introduce us to his working practice, looking at how context and the influence of place can change the way his work is perceived and used. Daniel Brown will explore how computational aesthetics and generative art have metaphorically blossomed, and how programmers are creating a new generation of aesthetic. And Stewart Smith will discuss a few of his projects that mix art, design and code, touching on the peculiarities of digital artwork longevity, and project poaching versus communal sharing. The session will end with a short discussing involving all three speakers chaired by It’s Nice That.
When and where
On [Digital Experience] will be held on 16th June at Red Bull Studios, 155-171 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2JP. Doors will open at 6.30pm, and the talks will begin at 7pm. Complimentary drinks will be provided.
The On […] Talks Series
Throughout the series, you can expect inspiring and revealing insights from the likes of Ken Garland, Lucienne Roberts, George Hardie, Francesca Gavin, Bompas & Parr, Morag Myesrcough and Mr Bingo, to name just a few. We’ll be releasing details of individual talks nearer the time of each event, but to whet your appetite, the talk themes & speakers are revealed here.
- Ruud van Empel’s uncanny photographs blend artificiality with naturalism
- Grant James-Thomas shoots twins with a painterly aesthetic for Vogue Italia
- In Stiya, photographer Cole Barash compares a storm and the birth of his first child
- Nano illustrates the different kinds of loneliness that we all feel from time to time
- Jan Hakon Erichsen is a balloon-destroying artist whose work you really shouldn't try at home
- Clarity of concept is at the heart of Seoul-based graphic designer Son Ayong’s posters
- “The future of design is in the creation of tools”: Meet the Space Type Generator
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Lacoste once again swaps its iconic crocodile logo for ten endangered species
- Introducing Double Click – our new series rounding up the best of the digital design world
- Typeface Ciao communicates auditive intonations of the spoken word
- Yushi Li on photographing men she met through Tinder