We see A LOT of photography portfolios here at It’s Nice That and while most display a good deal of technical skill, there’s often a lack of personality on show. Step forward then 22-year-old Cape Town creative Paul Ward, who’s portfolio not only shows off his deft composition and use of colour but also a playful, cheeky sensibility that sideswipes at an art-form that too often takes itself far too seriously. “Who is Paul Ward?” asks his website URL – he’s a one-to-watch is the inescapable answer.
Found via Between 10 and 5
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum