Here’s something unexpected for a Thursday morning, remember Canadian Rock star Bryan Adams? Remember him being all sexy and nice in Sherwood Forest and remaining in the UK number one spot for 16 weeks with wedding anthem Everything I do, I do it for you? And then later blowing us away with potentially the best duet – and certainly best karaoke classic – Baby When You’re Gone with Mel C? Anyway, let’s get to the point.
Since smashing his way through those hits back in the 90s, you’d have quite rightly assumed he’d have been chilling on his private island with some rare animals right about now but NO! He’s been carving his name out in the ridiculously competitive fashion photography industry and has snapped some of the world’s top models for high-end magazines such as Vogue, Harpers Bazaar and Zoo. If you clicked through to this article thinking you were going to have a bit of a cringe, think again, these images are really, really great. Check out the rather beautiful book he’s recently published of wounded British soldiers too. Jeez this man’s talented. Go Bryan!
- Say what you see, it’s Best of the Web!
- The art of plane watching captured by Mindaugas Kavaliauskas
- Friday Mixtape: escape from the world with Xenoula's ethereal mix
- Towers of Thanks: Res photographs his mother's life working for Donald Trump
- A world of pain: Sixteen Journal's latest issue
- R Kikuo Johnson on the importance of narrative in his illustrations
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner