Now that summer’s done and dusted you probably need something to look forward that’s not Christmas. While we can’t offer you a beach break in the Antibes or a North American road trip, we do have the next best thing; the Autumn issue of Printed Pages! Actually, you don’t need to put a date in the diary either because it’s arrived this very minute and you can buy it in shops RIGHT NOW. We’re pretty excited about this little guy, not just because of the delicious cover stock and exemplary choice of spot colours within, but because of the brilliant people we got to work with and speak to while we were putting it together.
The new issue features interviews with legendary graphic designer Seymour Chwast on his years of experience and lesser-known Belgian illustrator Jan Van Der Veken, looking at the unstoppable rise of his career over the past decade. We tracked down a whole host of Brazilian creatives to find out what makes it such an exciting place for designers, musicians and advertisers alike and pinned down the elusive Katharina Grosse to talk about her unconventional painting practice.
TASCHEN’s sexy books editor Dian Hanson bared all in an in-depth interview about her life in porno publishing, Brecht Vandenbroucke produced an original set of hilarious comics and we watched some seriously dubious films to find out what Hollywood makes of the creative industries.
Artist Michael Crowe tries to punch Robin Thicke in the face in the name of being nice, photographer Giles Duley waxes lyrical on the subject of his alarm clock, an object he contends is the ugliest thing he loves, and Justine Bell comes to terms with the reality of fulfilling a design fantasy.
The price is still a mere £4, meaning you can own three months of our blood, sweat and tears (of joy) for the same price as a pint of tepid, gassy lager. We know which one we’d choose.
You can order Printed Pages from our Company of Parrots shop or pick it up in UK stores today.
- Sophie Wililams shares intimate behind-the-scenes footage from Mura Masa's latest music videos
- Wide-eyed and scratchy-haired, read the twisted diaries of Irene Montemurro
- Lazy Susan, the mother of all inventions, comes to life in Terri Timely's short film
- “I’ve always felt like this is not my happy place”: Rankin on his relationship to fashion
- Steamy scenes of fun and fur: meet Sophie Larrimore’s puffy pooches
- From 3D in-browser games to cinematic portfolios: it's November’s Double Click
- Pentagram rebrands Warner Bros. with a “sleek and clean” update to its shield logo
- Manchester Girls, the new series from Dean Davies, is a visual homage to the women of the north
- Relive the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer through Summer of Something Special
- Viktor Hübner photographs American anxieties amongst a shifting political environment
- Jiří Makovec’s photographs meander between the personal and the universal
- Berlin Wall graffiti is made into a typeface to warn how "division is freedom's biggest threat"