Now that summer’s done and dusted you probably need something to look forward that’s not Christmas. While we can’t offer you a beach break in the Antibes or a North American road trip, we do have the next best thing; the Autumn issue of Printed Pages! Actually, you don’t need to put a date in the diary either because it’s arrived this very minute and you can buy it in shops RIGHT NOW. We’re pretty excited about this little guy, not just because of the delicious cover stock and exemplary choice of spot colours within, but because of the brilliant people we got to work with and speak to while we were putting it together.
The new issue features interviews with legendary graphic designer Seymour Chwast on his years of experience and lesser-known Belgian illustrator Jan Van Der Veken, looking at the unstoppable rise of his career over the past decade. We tracked down a whole host of Brazilian creatives to find out what makes it such an exciting place for designers, musicians and advertisers alike and pinned down the elusive Katharina Grosse to talk about her unconventional painting practice.
TASCHEN’s sexy books editor Dian Hanson bared all in an in-depth interview about her life in porno publishing, Brecht Vandenbroucke produced an original set of hilarious comics and we watched some seriously dubious films to find out what Hollywood makes of the creative industries.
Artist Michael Crowe tries to punch Robin Thicke in the face in the name of being nice, photographer Giles Duley waxes lyrical on the subject of his alarm clock, an object he contends is the ugliest thing he loves, and Justine Bell comes to terms with the reality of fulfilling a design fantasy.
The price is still a mere £4, meaning you can own three months of our blood, sweat and tears (of joy) for the same price as a pint of tepid, gassy lager. We know which one we’d choose.
You can order Printed Pages from our Company of Parrots shop or pick it up in UK stores today.
- LuckyMe’s Lunice film for Apple Music is a theatrical trip through 90s hip hop videos
- Printed Pages AW17 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints, a party and more!
- Tatiana Ermolaeva's coherent “but not too slick” work for the Strelka Bar
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum