There’s no denying it, Winter’s arrived in force and sent a bitter chill across the land. It’s darker, colder and each day is just that tiny bit more depressing than the last. Until today. Because today the Winter edition of Printed Pages finally touches down with content specially engineered to stick two fingers up to the interminable doom and gloom of winter.
The latest edition of Printed Pages is our proudest edition yet, with a striking cover illustration from Antipodean artist Jonathan Zawada housing some truly exciting articles.
We’ve got interviews with the Hayward Gallery’s daring Director Ralph Rugoff discussing his outsider status in London’s art scene and Emily King on her work as a design historian. Joe Sacco talks to us about his incredible career in war comics, Jaimie Warren shows us her brilliantly bizarre photography and legendary author Douglas Coupland explores his time art directing magazines in Japan as well as the design references that permeate his fiction.
Elsewhere there’s features on the rapidly changing face of Scandinavian product design, an illustrated mix tape from the brilliant Edward Monaghan and a behind-the-scenes look at one of London’s finest art-house cinemas; The Renoir. Nathaniel Russell tells us to high-five more cool kids in his Nice feature, and Seetal Solanki elaborates on her turbulent relationship with an ugly set of headphones.
Testimonials of cover-to-cover reading have abounded in the past three issues of the magazine so why not treat yourself some meaty art and design goodness and spend some of your cold, dark evenings lost in this little beauty.
You can order Printed Pages from our Company of Parrots shop or pick it up in UK stores at once! European and North American stock will be available shortly.
- LuckyMe’s Lunice film for Apple Music is a theatrical trip through 90s hip hop videos
- Printed Pages AW17 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints, a party and more!
- Tatiana Ermolaeva's coherent “but not too slick” work for the Strelka Bar
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum