There’s no denying it, Winter’s arrived in force and sent a bitter chill across the land. It’s darker, colder and each day is just that tiny bit more depressing than the last. Until today. Because today the Winter edition of Printed Pages finally touches down with content specially engineered to stick two fingers up to the interminable doom and gloom of winter.
The latest edition of Printed Pages is our proudest edition yet, with a striking cover illustration from Antipodean artist Jonathan Zawada housing some truly exciting articles.
We’ve got interviews with the Hayward Gallery’s daring Director Ralph Rugoff discussing his outsider status in London’s art scene and Emily King on her work as a design historian. Joe Sacco talks to us about his incredible career in war comics, Jaimie Warren shows us her brilliantly bizarre photography and legendary author Douglas Coupland explores his time art directing magazines in Japan as well as the design references that permeate his fiction.
Elsewhere there’s features on the rapidly changing face of Scandinavian product design, an illustrated mix tape from the brilliant Edward Monaghan and a behind-the-scenes look at one of London’s finest art-house cinemas; The Renoir. Nathaniel Russell tells us to high-five more cool kids in his Nice feature, and Seetal Solanki elaborates on her turbulent relationship with an ugly set of headphones.
Testimonials of cover-to-cover reading have abounded in the past three issues of the magazine so why not treat yourself some meaty art and design goodness and spend some of your cold, dark evenings lost in this little beauty.
You can order Printed Pages from our Company of Parrots shop or pick it up in UK stores at once! European and North American stock will be available shortly.
- Mother Design Callen Lorde Graphic Design 240118
- Stephen Tayo's photographs "create a visual narrative" of everyday encounters
- Photographer Daniel Weiss tells the story of the New York he grew up with
- Córdova Canillas seamlessly designs a multi-format furniture catalogue with seven photographers
- The year of the gif: Studio Feixen’s multitude of moving posters
- Veronika Minder's book, Art Décor, explores the life of bon viveur Bob Steffen (NSFW)
- Graphic designer Bryan Rivera references mistakes and imperfections in his portfolio
- Adidas releases trainers that are also public transport tickets
- Compare your selfies to fine art through the Google Arts and Culture app’s newest feature
- Practical portfolio advice, from choosing a specialism to solving real problems
- Meet Monkey Type, an international collective bananas about fonts
- The Papier Machine collection of DIY electronic paper toys reinvents the activity book