Interstate US Studio Public Library have just finished work on an app that we’re very excited about indeed. 5 Every Day is a web and mobile platform that presents a curated selection of five daily events, exhibitions, activities and venues to explore in Los Angeles. All the research is done by the band YACHT, so you know their recommendations will be fun. Each list only lasts for 24 hours and then is completely refreshed, meaning every selection is unique and you won’t ever repeat your day’s activities.
The app was initially put together as an events calendar for creatively-minded LA residents but we think it’s a great way to get to know the city as a tourist without falling into the usual traps encountered when touching down in a new town. Either way it’s a beautifully designed bit of kit that we reckon will be a huge success. Let’s just hope nobody does the London version before we do.
- Zach Lieberman and Molmol Kuo's AR app Weird Type lets you paint with type in space
- Artist Jesse Draxler on finding clarity through greyscale
- Dive into Mikey Joyce's portfolio with its “healthy balance of calculated and convoluted silliness"
- Alessandra Genualdo's illustrations mix high fashion and intimate moments
- Benoit Bodhuin's experimental, maths-inspired typefaces
- Heart Chakra by Angela Stempel comedically explores LA's crystal culture
- Lacoste swaps famous crocodile logo for ten endangered species
- Director of Taylor Swift's Delicate video accused of copying Spike Jonze’s Kenzo advert
- These Swedish kids designed a typeface to celebrate their neighbourhood
- A new Vitra Museum exhibition shows the hedonistic history of nightclub design
- Serbian designer Marko Vuleta-Djukanov’s music posters celebrate “everyday stuff”
- Discover Harvard student Mindy Seu's research-focused design practice