Across the creative world, few sectors move more quickly, nor impact on all our day-to-day lives more than digital design. With that in mind, we’ve partnered with design recruitment specialist Represent for a series of articles exploring this hugely significant yet at times inaccessible world. We’ve chosen a selection of the the most interesting digital design practitioners from London, New York and San Francisco, ranging from major multinational organisations to talented young freelancers and profiled them to get a sense of how they work; we also sent photographers into their studios to have a nose around. Among those sharing their insights are ustwo, Fjord, Poke, Hugo & Marie, Nothing In Common, the BBC, OkFocus, Bureau for Visual Affairs, Marc Kremers and Jono Brandel.
Throughout February we’ll be running four features aimed at people who work in, with or alongside the digital design world. These will kick off on Wednesday with a glossary of commonly-used terms to give you a simple introduction into a sometimes impenetrable discipline!
It’s the fourth consecutive year that Represent has commissioned a feature exploring an area of the design world, following in the footsteps of The Ideal Candidate, The Ideal Studio and The Ideal Client.
London-based Represent Recruitment are graphic design recruitment specialists with an international client list. They have developed a peerless reputation working with designers of all levels and matching them up with the right positions in some of the top agencies around.
- Photographer Svetlana Bulatova documents the environmental trauma of the Chechen wars
- From designer to full time artist, Caroline Walls on her gestural paintings
- Benjamin Muzzin on how digital art needs to be “shaken up badly”
- Choose Your Fighter: illustrator Kevin Sabo’s queering of hyper-masculine gaming culture
- Matthew Jones gives insight into Accept & Proceed's work for Nasa
- Illustrator Jordan Awan on fulfilling his childhood dream
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Apple's new typeface is available for use right now
- Channelling personality into branding: Commission Studio on Fenty’s new visual identity
- Does the perfect portfolio exist? Top creatives and studios offer their advice
- Droga5 unveils undulating identity for London’s newest outdoor destination, The Tide
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!