I’ve got a confession to make; I’ve posted quite a few people recently that I discovered on the website of a Dutch Risograph studio called Vinex Pers. Viktor Hachmang created their identity and they count some of my favourite illustrators as clients. Their website is packed full of exciting work from fantastic creative talents and I’d like to show you just one more.
Dutch designer and illustrator Robin Van Wijk is based in The Hague where he spends his time creating psychedelic, sci-fi inspired illustrations for a list of exciting, underground clients. He’s collaborated with Rajeev Basu, Julian Sirre and a handful of other brilliant talents – and he’s only just graduated college. Aside from his outstanding signature style that blends futuristic vector graphics with Matisse-esque torn shapes, he’s also an incredibly talented screen-printer, and has created some stunning animations from hand-pulled prints as part of his graduation project. Slow work I’m sure, but well worth the effort.
- Artist Olivié Keck explores South African youth culture through a vibrant VR video
- Crossing dimensions: digital artists Wang & Söderström turn Klas Ernflo's illustrations into a 3D still life
- Studio Creme's 3D scanned campaign film for Heresy is inspired by "mysticism and folklore"
- Designer Carolien Niebling wants you to meet the meat we eat
- Franziska Morlok and Miriam Waszelewski's Bookshelf explores the most interesting and unique bookbinding techniques
- Duncan Cowles' new film explores the panicky feeling that a creative idea might not be amazing enough
- Craig Oldham dishes out brutally honest advice to new graphic designers
- Pentagram rebrands Battersea dogs and cats home to visualise "personality over sentiment"
- V&A announces shortlist for its Illustration Awards 2018
- ManvsMachine create its most ambitious campaign for Air Max Day yet
- Design to improve the general quality of life: exploring Paul Rand's IBM Graphic Standards Manual
- Ten examples of rare letterings, from 19th-century alphabets to preliminary drawings of Futura