Slick and glossy, the work of Romain Lenancker never fails to make us swoon. We featured the art director’s work last year and his still life setups of cosmetics, ice and slinky tubes instantly captured that luxe feeling. This latest update sees Romain continue to execute his mastery in various projects that spotlight orb-like perfume bottles, graphic eye shadows and textured paint tubes.
It’s Nice That art director Jamie McIntyre, a champion of Romain’s originality and approach, says: “In the world of art direction and set design there’s a recurring trend of raw materials on bright Colorama to make abstract compositions, so it’s refreshing to see Romain continue to set the bar by exploring new methods of image making that are unfamiliar and unexpected.”
Working with different photographers and materials means Romain’s work feels exciting and effortlessly cool. His work becomes rich, polished and decadently sophisticated by presenting high-end accessories in a way that elevates them to beautiful works of art.
- Books From the Future talk us through its workshop on disaster in contemporary culture
- Molly Bounds paints intimate moments of quiet contemplation
- Friday Mixtape: Grand Union Orchestra's founder curates us a mix on the theme of migration
- Flat-e tells us how it made a visual interpretation of Daniel Avery's record in its entirety
- Girma Berta authentically captures the people of Addis Ababa with an iPhone
- Remember the pre-stage nerves and backstage stress in Alexander Coggin's photos of children's theatre
- Introducing The Graduates class of 2018!
- America's getting a space force and wants Trump supporters to choose its logo
- Swiss design practice Dinamo develops new visual identity for Tumblr
- Meet Adelia Lim, a graphic designer not afraid to poke a little fun at the industry
- Adobe has added 665 new Monotype fonts to Creative Cloud
- "What is my opinion?": Graphic designer James Aspey's research-focused, typographic practice