They say that girl power died when the Spice Girls’ Viva Forever was cancelled due to bad ticket sales , but nuh uh! Ryan Kenny smashes up anti-girl power theories with his trusty camera that basically turns every girl it fires a shot at into a hilarious, roll-up smoking, rock diving, water fight starting, firework lighting girl.
Ryan is Australian, and his knack for no-frills photography has caught him the attention of youth promoters i-D magazine and Urban Outfitters who welcome his shots of girls with ketchup stains on their t shirts hanging out of car windows with open arms. You can read a pretty hilarious and insightful interview with Ryan over here on The Raw Book.
- Cleon Peterson's works continue to investigate the evil side of humanity
- Winsor & Newton lifts the lid on the secret tricks of every artist's trade
- Calypso Mahieu’s photography makes the simplest things sexy (some NSFW)
- Foster Huntington’s stop-motion short of an 80s Californian skate off
- Dax Norman’s weird and wobbly animations with “cigarettes and eyeballs a plenty”
- Photographer Evija Laivina explores the ridiculous reality of the beauty industry
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled