Coming up with new ways of doing things is pretty hard, especially in our culture of instant gratification where we’re bored within 30 seconds if it doesn’t make us gasp in amazement. So when I saw Stark Films’ video for FontFont, I was bowled over by the imagination used to inject some fun and flair into their launch of new online typefaces.
Celebrating FontFont’s catalogue of Web FontFonts with OpenType features, Mice, ants and the lazy dog is wonderfully put together. Playing with the iconic typographic phrase ‘The Quick Brown Fox Jumps Over The Lazy Dog’, a series of scenes are unfolded within the video using different FontFont typefaces to recreate the attributes of OpenType.
Mischievous ants, cool magnets and a chaotic mouse maze with laser cut letters and other visual delights are all put into play elegantly. The Berlin-based studio take us on a journey to show us what next-level web typography looks like and I for one can’t help but be a little excited about it.
- Josephin Ritschel presents architecture and its surroundings as a stage for storytelling
- Gender, sexuality and male identity as seen through the lens of Jorge Perez Ortiz
- Gab Bois transforms things we’ve seen a thousand times into something spectacular
- Aysha Tengiz on her joyous, colourful and slightly depressing illustrated scenes
- Satellite photography, drawing tools and interactive logotypes feature in Double Click September
- Lego reveals first brand campaign in 30 years, Rebuild the World
- “All you see is lazy photography everywhere”: Martin Parr discusses his career, Brexit and obsession
- The work of Xiangyu Liu is weird and fantastically unpredictable (some NSFW)
- Caterina Bianchini Studio designs a dog-themed identity for a conveyer belt cheese restaurant
- Ikea invites people to “try on” Virgil Abloh furniture collection at LFW
- Hans Findling on his experimental and multidisciplinary approach to design
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!