Coming up with new ways of doing things is pretty hard, especially in our culture of instant gratification where we’re bored within 30 seconds if it doesn’t make us gasp in amazement. So when I saw Stark Films’ video for FontFont, I was bowled over by the imagination used to inject some fun and flair into their launch of new online typefaces.
Celebrating FontFont’s catalogue of Web FontFonts with OpenType features, Mice, ants and the lazy dog is wonderfully put together. Playing with the iconic typographic phrase ‘The Quick Brown Fox Jumps Over The Lazy Dog’, a series of scenes are unfolded within the video using different FontFont typefaces to recreate the attributes of OpenType.
Mischievous ants, cool magnets and a chaotic mouse maze with laser cut letters and other visual delights are all put into play elegantly. The Berlin-based studio take us on a journey to show us what next-level web typography looks like and I for one can’t help but be a little excited about it.
- Alice Zoo documents the real day-to-day lives of performers in a travelling circus
- Jenny Schweitzer's latest short is an uplifting account of life in an American retirement home
- Next 2 Nothing is the how-to manual of tips and tricks for any aspiring filmmaker
- Haleigh Mun on finding her own illustrative style rather than trying to be a “cool artist”
- Genuine collaborations inform Swiss design studio Omnigroup's broad practice
- Filmmaker Duncan Cowles on how your own tone of voice can create the best audience reaction
- An egg beats Kylie Jenner to become the most liked Instagram photo... ever
- Mastercard reveals new nameless logo courtesy of Michael Bierut
- Sam Youkilis uses scale, form and colour to challenge the tropes of travel photography
- Betina Du Toit's naturally-beautiful images are “stripped back from the non-essential”
- Giacomo Gambineri on shifting his creative career from graphic designer to illustrator
- Hiroki Nishiyama draws on traditional graphic design techniques in his illustration practice