This series of monochromatic illustrations have been created by Colombia-born and Germany-based Stefhany Lozano for Bogota-based design studio and publisher La Silueta’s 2016 calendar.
Eschewing naff calendars of puppies and the Hollyoaks babes, the company asked Stefhany and fellow illustrator Tim Romanowsky to create images that were all about love for 2016. The curves and simplicity remind me distantly of Christoph Delorenzo’s work, but there’s an oddness and texture to Stefhany’s work that take it in a different and welcome direction. Her characters with blocky heads and close features are all captured at side profile, adding to the quirkiness. It makes their gestures both loving and awkward adding a sweetness to the tender hand-holding and long embraces.
- Nicolas Garner explores the clash of digital and organic in his hyperreal imagery
- Dennis Church’s 12-year project sees him capture the visual noise of America’s streets
- Hudson Christie’s illustration trickery uses depth to create textured, flat pieces
- A rare interview with enigmatic and cherished photographer, Nguan
- Karen Asher photographs the people and happenings of Winnipeg, Canada
- Nieves founder Benjamin Sommerhalder shares his passion for books and zines
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner