This series of monochromatic illustrations have been created by Colombia-born and Germany-based Stefhany Lozano for Bogota-based design studio and publisher La Silueta’s 2016 calendar.
Eschewing naff calendars of puppies and the Hollyoaks babes, the company asked Stefhany and fellow illustrator Tim Romanowsky to create images that were all about love for 2016. The curves and simplicity remind me distantly of Christoph Delorenzo’s work, but there’s an oddness and texture to Stefhany’s work that take it in a different and welcome direction. Her characters with blocky heads and close features are all captured at side profile, adding to the quirkiness. It makes their gestures both loving and awkward adding a sweetness to the tender hand-holding and long embraces.
- Sophie Wililams shares intimate behind-the-scenes footage from Mura Masa's latest music videos
- Wide-eyed and scratchy-haired, read the twisted diaries of Irene Montemurro
- Lazy Susan, the mother of all inventions, comes to life in Terri Timely's short film
- “I’ve always felt like this is not my happy place”: Rankin on his relationship to fashion
- Steamy scenes of fun and fur: meet Sophie Larrimore’s puffy pooches
- From 3D in-browser games to cinematic portfolios: it's November’s Double Click
- Pentagram rebrands Warner Bros. with a “sleek and clean” update to its shield logo
- Manchester Girls, the new series from Dean Davies, is a visual homage to the women of the north
- Relive the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer through Summer of Something Special
- Viktor Hübner photographs American anxieties amongst a shifting political environment
- Jiří Makovec’s photographs meander between the personal and the universal
- Berlin Wall graffiti is made into a typeface to warn how "division is freedom's biggest threat"