Welcome to a rather exciting brand new season of Studio Audience. We’ve got fun new visuals by the talented Guy Field, a somewhat catchy new jingle from illustrator, animator and music-maker Paul Layzell, and we’ve generally had a little bit of a “spruce.”
This week kicks off with an opening question submitted by New Yorker Cartoonist Joe Dator, after which we get down and dirty to discuss some art and design news and the eternal appeal of watching creatives at work. Listen in if you fancy hearing about the LA Art Book Fair, Inez and Vinoodh’s new video for Rihanna And Kanye West And Paul McCartney, PJ Harvey recording her new album in a glass box or just to hear Maisie Skidmore say the word “jonesing.”
Your feedback is so welcome, especially with our new look and feel – so any comments you have just Tweet in or leave in the comments box below. Thanks! And stay tuned.
As ever you can listen using the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes here.
- From documentaries to exhibition design via portraiture and painting, relive June’s Nicer Tuesdays
- Useless is a website mapping out the UK’s zero-waste network
- Material Literacy: Why we need to rethink language to survive the climate crisis
- Welcome to Response and Responsibility, a look at creativity and climate change
- Maurizio Di Iorio tricks the eye with his illusory photography
- With “personality and warmth”, Laura McCluskey turns her lens to those around her
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!