Hello and welcome to Studio Audience, the It’s Nice That podcast. This week the host is Liv Siddall and she’s joined by Maisie Skidmore and James Cartwright – The Triad. Wherever you listen to us, on the bus, the toilet or a whim, we hope you enjoy our cultural chit chat. You can listen via the SoundCloud below or subscribe via iTunes over here.
Did you know that Kim Kardashian is releasing a book containing 352 selfies? True. Rizzoli are publishing it and we don’t know what to think. Also this article on It’s Nice That about Lucy Hilmer and her annual snaps went crazy over the weekend, getting over 55,000 page views on It’s Nice That – woah! After the ever-catchy jingle we then discussed the Tate Robots and the controversial new cover for Roald Dahl classic Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Penguin. Feel free to join in the heated debate in the comments section below!
Best things we’ve seen all week? Sure, Liv’s was this _incredible) archive of newspapers on Google, James chose a beautiful edition of The Man In The High Castle by Philip K. Dick illustrated by Cleon Peterson, and Maisie recommended this brilliant interview with Tavi Gevinson in New York Magazine. Enjoy!
- Meji Alabi on discovering his roots through film and music
- Stoic black cats and burning worlds: Quentin Dufour on his chaotic illustrations
- Jiří Makovec’s photographs meander between the personal and the universal
- In photographing the American west, Andong Zheng uncovers hidden traces of Chinese history
- Meet Universal Thirst, the Bangalore and Reykjavik-based foundry offering a dual perspective on type
- Manchester Girls, the new series from Dean Davies, is a visual homage to the women of the north
- Facebook rebrands to distinguish the company from the app
- Jack Kenyon photographs the wondrous spectacle of the Supreme Cat Show
- &Walsh designs Zooba's identity inspired by the busy streets of Cairo
- A book chronicling tiny, bizarre treasures curated by Wes Anderson and Juman Malouf
- Find hidden squares and experimental inktraps in Fatih Hardal's FH Giselle
- Pentagram’s Giorgia Lupi on her data-driven designs for & Other Stories