Greetings pod fans! A little later than usual this week but fear not, we’re here with your regular dose of top-notch* art and design chat. So kick back, open your ears and let 23 minutes of It’s Nice That flavoured discussion wash over you like a sparkly (yet intelligent) wave. This week we touch on the passing of the designer behind the Las Vegas sign, look at the GraphicDesign& survey and the newly-released Creative Review Annual. We also look at the new Smile Suggest web app and Elana Schlenker’s clever project highlighting the gender pay gap.. Finally it’s all about the Star Wars and Jurassic Park trailers…
*Disclaimer: Chat may not be top-notch.
As ever you can listen using the embed below or why not subscribe via iTunes here.
- Jules Durant aims to “design cool new fonts” beyond the Latin alphabet
- For Alice Franchetti, graphic design is the sweet spot where maths and intuition meet
- Lucy Sherston finds that leaving out parts of a composition is just as important as the bits kept in
- This year’s Birmingham Design Festival explored truth in the design industry
- Designer John Christian Rose on how he turns mess, chaos and clutter into art
- “My creative process is hella eclectic”: illustrator Jack Fletcher
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!