Greetings pod fans! A little later than usual this week but fear not, we’re here with your regular dose of top-notch* art and design chat. So kick back, open your ears and let 23 minutes of It’s Nice That flavoured discussion wash over you like a sparkly (yet intelligent) wave. This week we touch on the passing of the designer behind the Las Vegas sign, look at the GraphicDesign& survey and the newly-released Creative Review Annual. We also look at the new Smile Suggest web app and Elana Schlenker’s clever project highlighting the gender pay gap.. Finally it’s all about the Star Wars and Jurassic Park trailers…
*Disclaimer: Chat may not be top-notch.
As ever you can listen using the embed below or why not subscribe via iTunes here.
- Anti-Gone is a mixed reality performance set in a post-climate change world
- Claire Huss’ branding for WUTI displays creative women as “wild and bold”
- Laura Coombs presents her Bookshelf, and it’s all about attention to materiality
- Arghavan Khosravi on her fruitful yet uncertain journey as an Iranian painter
- Samuel Bas contrasts creepy with cute in his vibrant illustrations
- Nikita Dembinski captures Bucharest’s elderly community for Kajet’s latest issue
- “All you see is lazy photography everywhere”: Martin Parr discusses his career, Brexit and obsession
- The work of Xiangyu Liu is weird and fantastically unpredictable (some NSFW)
- Caterina Bianchini Studio designs a dog-themed identity for a conveyer belt cheese restaurant
- Ikea invites people to “try on” Virgil Abloh furniture collection at LFW
- Hans Findling on his experimental and multidisciplinary approach to design
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!