From fashion to graphic design, addictive apps to a new food website, this week’s podcast ranges over creative territory like that admirable group of misfits in those really long films about a ring. There are peaks, valleys and some scrubland (metaphorically speaking) but we still hope you come along with us for the journey. As ever listen using the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes here. And again as ever we welcome comments, criticism, and indecent proposals using the comment thread below…
This week we kicked off talking about ustwo’s exceptional new app Monument Valley and moved onto discussing Vice’s new food channel Munchies. In the second section we looked at the stunning Jean-Paul Gaultier show at London’s Barbican and rounded off discussing Pentagram’s work on the redesign for Sotheby’s auction house.
- Graphic designer Anne Büttner is drawn towards all-things bold, clashing and experimental
- Graphic designer Marie Ducrocq's future-facing aesthetics are supported by thorough research
- The poet laureate of Twitter Brian Bilston creates four new poems from Adobe Stock images
- Photographer Daniel Stier on how he transforms “cheap mass-produced things” into art
- Fragility, despair and boredom are the pillars to Madeleine Pfull’s paintings of elderly women
- Go on a quest for cheesy chips with Sarah Hingley’s choose your own adventure zine
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!