From fashion to graphic design, addictive apps to a new food website, this week’s podcast ranges over creative territory like that admirable group of misfits in those really long films about a ring. There are peaks, valleys and some scrubland (metaphorically speaking) but we still hope you come along with us for the journey. As ever listen using the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes here. And again as ever we welcome comments, criticism, and indecent proposals using the comment thread below…
This week we kicked off talking about ustwo’s exceptional new app Monument Valley and moved onto discussing Vice’s new food channel Munchies. In the second section we looked at the stunning Jean-Paul Gaultier show at London’s Barbican and rounded off discussing Pentagram’s work on the redesign for Sotheby’s auction house.
- Jawa El Khash's latest work resurrects lost artefacts in a virtual afterlife
- “In the end, design is about feelings”: Off Office on its thoughtful design ethos
- Testosterone and the trans gaze: Laurence Philomene on photographing non-binary joy
- Greg Ito’s meticulous portfolio of paintings explores “time, love, loss, hope, and tragedy”
- Books are more than visual reference for Charlotte Ager, they are studies in how to tell stories
- The latest issue of Der Greif takes a shockingly explicit look at censorship (NSFW)
- Led By Donkeys is crowdfunding £50,000 for “honest” No Deal Brexit ad campaign
- Taschen’s recent release celebrates “the greatest cat photographer of the 20th Century”
- The Advertising Standards Authority has banned its first ads for “harmful” gender stereotyping
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!
- Suzy Chan’s portfolio boasts original graphic design, animation, typography and so much more
- Stefanie Tam’s graphic design grounds conceptual thinking in compelling visuals