So here we go again with the beats, if by beats you mean 23 minutes of art and design discussion in a podcast format. You did? Great! Set yourself up for the weekend and treat both brain cells and ear drums simultaneously. WARNING: Contains some hardcore graphic design chat. Please proceed with caution.
You can subscribe via iTunes here or listen via the SoundCloud link above.
First up this week we looked at Microsoft’s four billion pound take over of Nokia’s mobile phone division and pondered if this means they can now compete with Apple, we also talked about Julian Assange’s appointment onto the Raindance Film Festival jury and welcomed the new Volvo tricks ads (below).
- Photographer Svetlana Bulatova documents the environmental trauma of the Chechen wars
- From designer to full time artist, Caroline Walls on her gestural paintings
- Benjamin Muzzin on how digital art needs to be “shaken up badly”
- Choose Your Fighter: illustrator Kevin Sabo’s queering of hyper-masculine gaming culture
- Matthew Jones gives insight into Accept & Proceed's work for Nasa
- Illustrator Jordan Awan on fulfilling his childhood dream
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Apple's new typeface is available for use right now
- Channelling personality into branding: Commission Studio on Fenty’s new visual identity
- Does the perfect portfolio exist? Top creatives and studios offer their advice
- Droga5 unveils undulating identity for London’s newest outdoor destination, The Tide
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!