There’s only so many places that can get away with creating a cat calendar and make it better than the ones you see shimmying into your eyeline when panic buying for Christmas and that place is Studio Lin (studio of Alex Lin). Featured way back in 2009, they’ve not only designed the best feline calendar I’ve come across but also their much enlarged portfolio showcases a wealth of clean, typographical-based design that oozes style, clarity and care for the people they do work for.
With an impressive list of clients, posters, calendars, invites, stationery seem to be their thing and you can see why. One of my favourites is the 2012 Calendar where they teamed up with a newspaper printers to produce 12 poster sized months each in a different colour and paper. The composition is so wonderful, the fact that it’s a calendar is simply a bonus on top of all this good design.
- Contra Journal shines a light on visual responses to conflict and migration
- The complex and unique relationship of sisterhood as captured by Sophie Harris-Taylor
- “I like to retreat into a world that isn’t defining an ideal form”: meet artist Emma Kohlmann
- Artist Melissa Kitty Jarram is updating Greek myths for 2018
- Graphic designer Sam Wood’s personal practice is dictated by his own frameworks and rules
- Supermundane comes over all nostalgic for latest series I Know It’s Over
- Coca-Cola reveals custom typeface, TCCC Unity, inspired by its modernist heritage
- Muji to open “anti-gorgeous, anti-cheap” hotels in China and Japan
- Pee on this Ikea print ad, and if you’re pregnant, you get a crib half price
- School teacher fired for showing nude paintings in an art lesson
- Pop superstar Justin Bieber turns painter with first original piece, Calvary
- Paris Syndrome: photographer Francois Prost explores a replica city in China