There’s only so many places that can get away with creating a cat calendar and make it better than the ones you see shimmying into your eyeline when panic buying for Christmas and that place is Studio Lin (studio of Alex Lin). Featured way back in 2009, they’ve not only designed the best feline calendar I’ve come across but also their much enlarged portfolio showcases a wealth of clean, typographical-based design that oozes style, clarity and care for the people they do work for.
With an impressive list of clients, posters, calendars, invites, stationery seem to be their thing and you can see why. One of my favourites is the 2012 Calendar where they teamed up with a newspaper printers to produce 12 poster sized months each in a different colour and paper. The composition is so wonderful, the fact that it’s a calendar is simply a bonus on top of all this good design.
- All we want for Christmas is... Best of the Web!
- A trip to The Greenbrier – a preserved 112,544 sq foot government nuclear bunker
- Dougal Wilson goes behind the scenes of the mischievous Channel 4 idents
- An international cast of creatives chooses the biggest moments of 2017
- Bake Off, legalising weed and Fanta's redesign: highlights from March 2017
- Vogue's new editor and a typeface for pride: a look back at April 2017
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Plain packaging and health warnings on food and drink could cost companies hundreds of billions
- Anxy Magazine: The Workaholism Issue explores the impact of working hard versus working compulsively
- Graphic designer John Morgan launches type foundry and art platform, Abyme