I once knew a guy who fell in love with a woman who lived in Rotterdam over the internet and when he went to visit her he was as impressed with the Dutch city as he was with his new squeeze. Last I heard he was planning to move there and if he has and in doing so has discovered an interest in graphic design he’ll find Rotterdam is a city that is punching above its weight in the design stakes.
Studio Spass, is a young design studio comprising Jaron Korvinus & Daan Mens quietly carving out an impressive portfolio.
They’re talented, versatile and have just launched a fantastic new website showcasing their work. The quality’s good throughout but especially eye-catching is their contribution to their hometown’s De Wereld van Witte de With arts festival. To chime in with last year’s grass-roots theme they produced 230 unique posters and an eye-catching visual identity. Definitely one to watch.
- “Fear and desire for connection and the blocks to it”: artist Martine Syms on her exhibition Grand Calme
- Iggy Ldn captures beauty, power and pain in his short film, Velvet
- Art Bank Taiwan joins London Design Biennale this week, exploring cultural identity through political and social commentary
- Tiziana Jill Beck explores the identity of anonymous travellers through masks
- The new issue of Indoek brings America's oldest city to life
- Master of plasticine Kate Isobel Scott is back with a new animation
- Uber gets another new logo, gives you something to make small talk about this weekend
- “Go, go, go”: how DIA messed with design theory, only to improve it
- Type designer Kia Tasbihgou on how “knowing cool designers and nice fonts isn’t enough”
- Watch the trailer for the Don't Hug Me I'm Scared, the television show
- V&A curator Marie Foulston wants us to look at video games through the lens of design
- You know that great feeling of popping a spot? You'll get that from Sophie Koko Gate's new animation