I once knew a guy who fell in love with a woman who lived in Rotterdam over the internet and when he went to visit her he was as impressed with the Dutch city as he was with his new squeeze. Last I heard he was planning to move there and if he has and in doing so has discovered an interest in graphic design he’ll find Rotterdam is a city that is punching above its weight in the design stakes.
Studio Spass, is a young design studio comprising Jaron Korvinus & Daan Mens quietly carving out an impressive portfolio.
They’re talented, versatile and have just launched a fantastic new website showcasing their work. The quality’s good throughout but especially eye-catching is their contribution to their hometown’s De Wereld van Witte de With arts festival. To chime in with last year’s grass-roots theme they produced 230 unique posters and an eye-catching visual identity. Definitely one to watch.
- The Adobe MAX Creativity Tour shed light on how to creatively empower ourselves
- “We want to challenge and disturb the audience”: meet graphic design studio Alliage
- Abang’s illustrations of 15 women aim to reveal her true self
- Sepia-infused and cinematic, Sam Nixon turns his lens on the stories of the world
- Here are our most inspiring, moving, honest, funny, memorable moments from Nicer Tuesdays 2019
- Somnath Bhatt compiles a series of charming pixelated drawings for his new book, Ode
- Pentagram rebrands Warner Bros. with a “sleek and clean” update to its shield logo
- Manchester Girls, the new series from Dean Davies, is a visual homage to the women of the north
- Relive the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer through Summer of Something Special
- Viktor Hübner photographs American anxieties amongst a shifting political environment
- Jiří Makovec’s photographs meander between the personal and the universal
- Berlin Wall graffiti is made into a typeface to warn how "division is freedom's biggest threat"