I once knew a guy who fell in love with a woman who lived in Rotterdam over the internet and when he went to visit her he was as impressed with the Dutch city as he was with his new squeeze. Last I heard he was planning to move there and if he has and in doing so has discovered an interest in graphic design he’ll find Rotterdam is a city that is punching above its weight in the design stakes.
Studio Spass, is a young design studio comprising Jaron Korvinus & Daan Mens quietly carving out an impressive portfolio.
They’re talented, versatile and have just launched a fantastic new website showcasing their work. The quality’s good throughout but especially eye-catching is their contribution to their hometown’s De Wereld van Witte de With arts festival. To chime in with last year’s grass-roots theme they produced 230 unique posters and an eye-catching visual identity. Definitely one to watch.
- Paul Wright's paintings of Peggy Mitchell and Del Boy are bound to make you smile
- Daniel Wenzel faces the question of automation in creativity head-on in Automatic Type Design
- Abracradama studio designs a crafty and tonal identity for Hap ceramics
- A beginner’s guide to the world of digital art
- Be wowed by recent graduate Kieran McLister’s detail-driven stop motion animations
- “Click before anybody gets too comfortable”: New work from Daniel Arnold
- Graphic Design is Mental: Tips for looking after your state of mind as a designer
- Alan Titchmarsh stars in new campaign for Adidas’ Gardening Club collection
- Banksy opens his own store, Gross Domestic Product, in wake of legal dispute
- Moonlight, Ex Machina and The Witch go to print in three books designed by Actual Source
- Sometimes Always’ identity for São Paulo bar Caracol has over 10 billion compositions
- Basile Fournier speculates on how technology will affect the role of the future designer