I once knew a guy who fell in love with a woman who lived in Rotterdam over the internet and when he went to visit her he was as impressed with the Dutch city as he was with his new squeeze. Last I heard he was planning to move there and if he has and in doing so has discovered an interest in graphic design he’ll find Rotterdam is a city that is punching above its weight in the design stakes.
Studio Spass, is a young design studio comprising Jaron Korvinus & Daan Mens quietly carving out an impressive portfolio.
They’re talented, versatile and have just launched a fantastic new website showcasing their work. The quality’s good throughout but especially eye-catching is their contribution to their hometown’s De Wereld van Witte de With arts festival. To chime in with last year’s grass-roots theme they produced 230 unique posters and an eye-catching visual identity. Definitely one to watch.
- Ivana Bobic on exploring tactility in film, and how to make slow-mo jelly boobs
- The history of the hotel Venets: a 22-storey metaphor for Soviet utopia
- The Papier Machine collection of DIY electronic paper toys reinvents the activity book
- Brie Moreno's back with more felt tip-filled, curvy illustrations
- Meet Monkey Type, an international collective bananas about fonts
- Arielle Bobb-Willis’ colour-packed portfolio is the photographic equivalent of a SAD lamp
- Pee on this Ikea print ad, and if you’re pregnant, you get a crib half price
- Coca-Cola reveals custom typeface, TCCC Unity, inspired by its modernist heritage
- Muji to open “anti-gorgeous, anti-cheap” hotels in China and Japan
- The rebrand for Russia’s tourist board uses Suprematist geometry laid out as a map
- The Guardian unveils redesign across print and online
- A first look at Uber and NASA's new flying vehicle