I once knew a guy who fell in love with a woman who lived in Rotterdam over the internet and when he went to visit her he was as impressed with the Dutch city as he was with his new squeeze. Last I heard he was planning to move there and if he has and in doing so has discovered an interest in graphic design he’ll find Rotterdam is a city that is punching above its weight in the design stakes.
Studio Spass, is a young design studio comprising Jaron Korvinus & Daan Mens quietly carving out an impressive portfolio.
They’re talented, versatile and have just launched a fantastic new website showcasing their work. The quality’s good throughout but especially eye-catching is their contribution to their hometown’s De Wereld van Witte de With arts festival. To chime in with last year’s grass-roots theme they produced 230 unique posters and an eye-catching visual identity. Definitely one to watch.
- Luis Alberto Rodriguez photographs use contorted and twisted limbs to express emotion
- Season Zine's Felicia Pennant on how the publication puts female football fans first
- Record label Melody as Truth is carving out a woozy, spacey audio-visual niche
- “Create a flag that represents your own Island” – The amazing entries from the #MyIslandFlag Insta brief
- We ask Nadine Redlich, Wieden+Kennedy and more to visualise their highlights of the World Cup
- Friday Mixtape: Caterina Bianchini's mix to listen to "In your pants! On the bus! Walking! Running!"
- Photographer Jack Johnstone's dreamy images are so soft they're almost otherworldly
- “Unporn” is the photo stock collection for those suggestive, naughty moments
- KangHee Kim's images are as satisfying to create as they are to look at
- Penguin unveils striking series of redesigned Jack Kerouac books
- Veteran designer Sir Kenneth Grange has reconfigured the pint glass
- Sophy Hollington’s striking tarot deck combines mysticism with a glam-punk contemporary twist