I once knew a guy who fell in love with a woman who lived in Rotterdam over the internet and when he went to visit her he was as impressed with the Dutch city as he was with his new squeeze. Last I heard he was planning to move there and if he has and in doing so has discovered an interest in graphic design he’ll find Rotterdam is a city that is punching above its weight in the design stakes.
Studio Spass, is a young design studio comprising Jaron Korvinus & Daan Mens quietly carving out an impressive portfolio.
They’re talented, versatile and have just launched a fantastic new website showcasing their work. The quality’s good throughout but especially eye-catching is their contribution to their hometown’s De Wereld van Witte de With arts festival. To chime in with last year’s grass-roots theme they produced 230 unique posters and an eye-catching visual identity. Definitely one to watch.
- Will Anderson on his Bafta-nominated animation, Have Heart
- Bonjour Garçon combines photography and graphic design to make "strong and delicate" work
- Friday Mixtape: Thomas Pratt curates a mix for a night out in the Bahamas
- The spontaneous, saturated and energetic portfolio of photographer Anton Gottlob
- Alexander Mourant's photographs trace a road-trip he took down the length of Africa
- Video artist Natalia Stuyk on crossing from the digital to the physical world
- Google Creative Lab's animated series tells the story of iPhone users who tried the Pixel 2
- Photographer Michael Northrup’s striking new book is a visual timeline of a former relationship
- The Scouts rebrand aims to reflect a “more relevant image of Scouting”
- "Something bold, something pure" – the 50-year long legacy of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Yishu Wang's wonderfully disorientating photography
- Airbnb launches new bespoke font Cereal, designed with Dalton Maag for online and offline fluidity