I once knew a guy who fell in love with a woman who lived in Rotterdam over the internet and when he went to visit her he was as impressed with the Dutch city as he was with his new squeeze. Last I heard he was planning to move there and if he has and in doing so has discovered an interest in graphic design he’ll find Rotterdam is a city that is punching above its weight in the design stakes.
Studio Spass, is a young design studio comprising Jaron Korvinus & Daan Mens quietly carving out an impressive portfolio.
They’re talented, versatile and have just launched a fantastic new website showcasing their work. The quality’s good throughout but especially eye-catching is their contribution to their hometown’s De Wereld van Witte de With arts festival. To chime in with last year’s grass-roots theme they produced 230 unique posters and an eye-catching visual identity. Definitely one to watch.
- Zach Lieberman and Molmol Kuo's AR app Weird Type lets you paint with type in space
- Artist Jesse Draxler on finding clarity through greyscale
- Dive into Mikey Joyce's portfolio with its “healthy balance of calculated and convoluted silliness"
- Alessandra Genualdo's illustrations mix high fashion and intimate moments
- Benoit Bodhuin's experimental, maths-inspired typefaces
- Heart Chakra by Angela Stempel comedically explores LA's crystal culture
- Lacoste swaps famous crocodile logo for ten endangered species
- Director of Taylor Swift's Delicate video accused of copying Spike Jonze’s Kenzo advert
- These Swedish kids designed a typeface to celebrate their neighbourhood
- A new Vitra Museum exhibition shows the hedonistic history of nightclub design
- Serbian designer Marko Vuleta-Djukanov’s music posters celebrate “everyday stuff”
- Discover Harvard student Mindy Seu's research-focused design practice