I once knew a guy who fell in love with a woman who lived in Rotterdam over the internet and when he went to visit her he was as impressed with the Dutch city as he was with his new squeeze. Last I heard he was planning to move there and if he has and in doing so has discovered an interest in graphic design he’ll find Rotterdam is a city that is punching above its weight in the design stakes.
Studio Spass, is a young design studio comprising Jaron Korvinus & Daan Mens quietly carving out an impressive portfolio.
They’re talented, versatile and have just launched a fantastic new website showcasing their work. The quality’s good throughout but especially eye-catching is their contribution to their hometown’s De Wereld van Witte de With arts festival. To chime in with last year’s grass-roots theme they produced 230 unique posters and an eye-catching visual identity. Definitely one to watch.
- This year’s Birmingham Design Festival explored truth in the design industry
- Designer John Christian Rose on how he turns mess, chaos and clutter into art
- “My creative process is hella eclectic”: illustrator Jack Fletcher
- Jee-ook Choi turns Uniqlo’s AIRism range into a series of ethereal illustrations
- “Nothing should stand still”: Elaine Song on her dynamic, abstract illustrations
- Meet Ian Weldon, the “photographer that photographs weddings”
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!