I once knew a guy who fell in love with a woman who lived in Rotterdam over the internet and when he went to visit her he was as impressed with the Dutch city as he was with his new squeeze. Last I heard he was planning to move there and if he has and in doing so has discovered an interest in graphic design he’ll find Rotterdam is a city that is punching above its weight in the design stakes.
Studio Spass, is a young design studio comprising Jaron Korvinus & Daan Mens quietly carving out an impressive portfolio.
They’re talented, versatile and have just launched a fantastic new website showcasing their work. The quality’s good throughout but especially eye-catching is their contribution to their hometown’s De Wereld van Witte de With arts festival. To chime in with last year’s grass-roots theme they produced 230 unique posters and an eye-catching visual identity. Definitely one to watch.
- "We’re likely to plummet into a new dark age": Illustrator Edward Carvalho-Monaghan on learning from the past
- Phile magazine on sexual subcultures, power struggles and the launch of their second issue (NSFW)
- Why Design Thinking is bullshit
- Friday Mixtape: a mammoth mix from school project turned great band, Lowly
- Even magazine challenges the “elitist, opaque and unapproachable” discussion around art
- Meet Love Man: an illustrated big-hearted alien-human looking for his other half
- Photo of a single atom wins science photography prize
- Google tackles image copyright infringement with latest design tweak
- University of Portsmouth receives backlash over costs of its rebrand
- Ikea partners with Hasselblad to offer more “inspiring” prints for its frames
- Animator John McLaughlin’s fuzzy world of big-eyed, triangular fuzzy dudes
- Creative director Patrick Li on T: The New York Times Style Magazine's conversational new redesign