I once knew a guy who fell in love with a woman who lived in Rotterdam over the internet and when he went to visit her he was as impressed with the Dutch city as he was with his new squeeze. Last I heard he was planning to move there and if he has and in doing so has discovered an interest in graphic design he’ll find Rotterdam is a city that is punching above its weight in the design stakes.
Studio Spass, is a young design studio comprising Jaron Korvinus & Daan Mens quietly carving out an impressive portfolio.
They’re talented, versatile and have just launched a fantastic new website showcasing their work. The quality’s good throughout but especially eye-catching is their contribution to their hometown’s De Wereld van Witte de With arts festival. To chime in with last year’s grass-roots theme they produced 230 unique posters and an eye-catching visual identity. Definitely one to watch.
- Yuri Suzuki on how the key design tool is always communication
- Anna Sullivan creates a look back at the fascinating tradition of stilt walking shepherds
- Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared to debut at Sundance Film Festival
- Director Angela Stephenson documents Manila's defiance for creative freedom in the narco-state
- Friday Mixtape: Anthony Naples takes us from the party to the after party
- Yung Hua Chen’s photography is effortlessly glamorous
- Alex Gamsu Jenkins’ comics remind us of how gross we really are
- Pop culture powerhouse Bryan Rivera's 2018 in graphic design
- Don't worry, be angry: how politics and creativity collided in 2018
- Vice magazine's creative team talks us through its new and unexpectedly different redesign
- DIA channels NYC and gives Squarespace its signature kinetic treatment in brand refresh
- London Art Fair gets an abstract and textural rebrand for 2019