I once knew a guy who fell in love with a woman who lived in Rotterdam over the internet and when he went to visit her he was as impressed with the Dutch city as he was with his new squeeze. Last I heard he was planning to move there and if he has and in doing so has discovered an interest in graphic design he’ll find Rotterdam is a city that is punching above its weight in the design stakes.
Studio Spass, is a young design studio comprising Jaron Korvinus & Daan Mens quietly carving out an impressive portfolio.
They’re talented, versatile and have just launched a fantastic new website showcasing their work. The quality’s good throughout but especially eye-catching is their contribution to their hometown’s De Wereld van Witte de With arts festival. To chime in with last year’s grass-roots theme they produced 230 unique posters and an eye-catching visual identity. Definitely one to watch.
- Miranda July’s latest work is a high-tech portrait of the Uber driver who took her to interview Rihanna
- Léa Augereau's figurative paintings feature a diverse range of strong and confident women
- Artist Adam Ferriss' photography filters are better than any on Snapchat
- Graphic designer Jaap Smit physicalises the web in his data-driven practice
- How Alex Prager made the world stop and stare
- Photographer Louise Reinke's latest shoot is inspired by the legendary Dionne Warwick
- "Don't drink and dance in front of your peers": ten creatives on their biggest mistakes
- All internships are not created equal: how to spot the best opportunities and have the courage to reject the duds
- Crayola launches a makeup range based on its ubiquitous crayons
- Beyoncé and Jay Z take over the Louvre for Apeshit music video
- Why counter-culture matters: Rough Trade launches publishing venture designed by Craig Oldham
- Greg Sharp animates a video that builds in momentum for the catchiest song of the year