I once knew a guy who fell in love with a woman who lived in Rotterdam over the internet and when he went to visit her he was as impressed with the Dutch city as he was with his new squeeze. Last I heard he was planning to move there and if he has and in doing so has discovered an interest in graphic design he’ll find Rotterdam is a city that is punching above its weight in the design stakes.
Studio Spass, is a young design studio comprising Jaron Korvinus & Daan Mens quietly carving out an impressive portfolio.
They’re talented, versatile and have just launched a fantastic new website showcasing their work. The quality’s good throughout but especially eye-catching is their contribution to their hometown’s De Wereld van Witte de With arts festival. To chime in with last year’s grass-roots theme they produced 230 unique posters and an eye-catching visual identity. Definitely one to watch.
- All we want for Christmas is... Best of the Web!
- A trip to The Greenbrier – a preserved 112,544 sq foot government nuclear bunker
- Dougal Wilson goes behind the scenes of the mischievous Channel 4 idents
- An international cast of creatives chooses the biggest moments of 2017
- Bake Off, legalising weed and Fanta's redesign: highlights from March 2017
- Vogue's new editor and a typeface for pride: a look back at April 2017
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Plain packaging and health warnings on food and drink could cost companies hundreds of billions
- Anxy Magazine: The Workaholism Issue explores the impact of working hard versus working compulsively
- Graphic designer John Morgan launches type foundry and art platform, Abyme