I once knew a guy who fell in love with a woman who lived in Rotterdam over the internet and when he went to visit her he was as impressed with the Dutch city as he was with his new squeeze. Last I heard he was planning to move there and if he has and in doing so has discovered an interest in graphic design he’ll find Rotterdam is a city that is punching above its weight in the design stakes.
Studio Spass, is a young design studio comprising Jaron Korvinus & Daan Mens quietly carving out an impressive portfolio.
They’re talented, versatile and have just launched a fantastic new website showcasing their work. The quality’s good throughout but especially eye-catching is their contribution to their hometown’s De Wereld van Witte de With arts festival. To chime in with last year’s grass-roots theme they produced 230 unique posters and an eye-catching visual identity. Definitely one to watch.
- Using flowers and colour, photographer Giseok Cho documents his generation of Koreans
- Paul Gacon's dynamic portfolio spans printed matter, visual identities, type design and more
- Laurie Avon is an illustrator utilising the power, persuasion and human qualities of print
- The latest series by Israeli art collective Broken Fingaz showcases a contemporary twist on traditional oil painting
- New comic Cult of the Ibis, arises out of the history of Western magic and alchemy
- Editions At Play’s latest book challenges the conventions of publishing
- Want a dream job? Studio Ghibli is hiring
- Creativity and control: Stanley Kubrick's obsessiveness and the meticulous films it produced
- We take a look back at the best stories of the year to date
- “Even bad pizza is kind of good”: Five life lessons from David Droga
- Pornhub decides to try out beesexuality with new awareness campaign
- Studio Nuno Fontes on its clean and ordered work for the cultural sector