I once knew a guy who fell in love with a woman who lived in Rotterdam over the internet and when he went to visit her he was as impressed with the Dutch city as he was with his new squeeze. Last I heard he was planning to move there and if he has and in doing so has discovered an interest in graphic design he’ll find Rotterdam is a city that is punching above its weight in the design stakes.
Studio Spass, is a young design studio comprising Jaron Korvinus & Daan Mens quietly carving out an impressive portfolio.
They’re talented, versatile and have just launched a fantastic new website showcasing their work. The quality’s good throughout but especially eye-catching is their contribution to their hometown’s De Wereld van Witte de With arts festival. To chime in with last year’s grass-roots theme they produced 230 unique posters and an eye-catching visual identity. Definitely one to watch.
- In celebration of his new book 2017, Bráulio Amado picks out the work he loves from last year
- Environmental Activism: Why We Need To Shake Up the Visual
- Charlotte Dumortier on her identity for this year's ELCAF and what she's looking forward to most
- Google Fonts Korean becomes interactive by manipulating path data
- Photography series Metamorphosis reimagines iconic female characters as 21st century women
- National Geographic’s creative director Emmet Smith on the publication’s redesign
- Craig Oldham dishes out brutally honest advice to new graphic designers
- Pentagram rebrands Battersea dogs and cats home to visualise "personality over sentiment"
- V&A announces shortlist for its Illustration Awards 2018
- ManvsMachine create its most ambitious campaign for Air Max Day yet
- Design to improve the general quality of life: exploring Paul Rand's IBM Graphic Standards Manual
- Ten examples of rare letterings, from 19th-century alphabets to preliminary drawings of Futura