TED Talks are free and pretty bloody good if you didn’t already know and, over the last few years, this goodness has widened its free gamut to include the TED brand, methods and formats. As TEDGlobal’s director Bruno Giussani puts it: “The more you give away the more you get back.”
With this in mind, frequent TEDx creatives, WE ARE Pi have just announced their latest “ideas worth doing”, centred around the notion of Radical Openess and have brought together a group of artists and designers to help them realise it. Amongst the mix of animation, films and digital responses is a very special-looking typography experiment encouraging us to talk to strangers, with strangers.
With the concept by Giuliano Garonzi, the platform uses an human alphabet that plays tribute to “typography, craftsmanship and relations between humans” – what you write, the next person responds to ad infintum. All the projects can now be seen on the TED’s YouTube channel here, great stuff!
- Join It’s Nice That and Adobe XD for an evening of discussion on digital design
- In her latest series, Lauren Harris captures moments of violence and tenderness in the boxing ring
- Bold and borderless, Ji Soo Eom’s designs echo the multiverse
- Max Siedentopf's new series injects some excitement back into the humble passport photo
- Graphic designer David Rindlisbacher disrupts his typography-heavy designs with technology
- Joe Melhuish’s zany creations are populated by “joyful characters with manic, chaotic auras”
- Led By Donkeys is crowdfunding £50,000 for “honest” No Deal Brexit ad campaign
- Taschen’s recent release celebrates “the greatest cat photographer of the 20th Century”
- The Advertising Standards Authority has banned its first ads for “harmful” gender stereotyping
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!
- Suzy Chan’s portfolio boasts original graphic design, animation, typography and so much more
- Stefanie Tam’s graphic design grounds conceptual thinking in compelling visuals