Good week for the It’s Nice That post mat – Things got stuck into the beautiful game, made a glorious music cover, nabbed a superhero couple with flying colours, admired what the Latvians are building and looked at pop stars staring into sunsets. Let’s see how this played out…
Nicky Inchenko: 90
Nicky Inchenko made this fantastic little green football booklet. Crammed with line drawings of players in action and doubling as a very nice poster when unfolded, it’s a delightful memento of some classic footballing moments. This is only the highlights version – the original is 90 pages long! Nicky has also made life-size painted Chicago Bulls that are worth a look.
DR.ME: Dutch Uncle’s Out Of Touch In The Wild
DR.ME’s artwork for the Dutch Uncle’s latest record makes a great track into a beautiful object. Looks excellent and feels so good to hold.
Happy Lovers Town: Super Heroes
These are great. Colourful, simple, healthily plump superheroes from Happy Lovers Town. Fun to work out the angle of those red feet.
Lukabuka: Process 3. Jaunā arhitektūra Latvijā
Jaunā arhitektūra Latvijā is the third book in the Process series looking at New Architecture in Latvia. Edited by Ieva Zībārte and designed very nicely by Edgars Zvirgzdiņš it’s full of beautiful photographs documenting current architectural practice and education in the country. Fascinating stuff.
Tom Oldham: Portraits
This is a collection of Tom Oldham’s snaps of pop stars looking cool. Music photography is always interesting, whatever you think of the set-ups. With the right light and barely a blemish in sight, it’s interesting to pick apart the layers of presentation in these shots.
- Superimpose Studio on the impact of Brexit on the creative industries
- Photographer Namsa Leuba makes the invisible stories of Voodoo visible
- A whizz through the portfolio of Italian illustrator Marco Oggian
- Alex Vasilyev's compelling photographs of locals living in Russia's coldest region
- Friday Mixtape: Rae Morris curates a winter-focused mix
- Good Sport Magazine: sport-focussed content, through the lens of much broader reaching interests
- Lacoste swaps famous crocodile logo for ten endangered species
- Director of Taylor Swift's Delicate video accused of copying Spike Jonze’s Kenzo advert
- These Swedish kids designed a typeface to celebrate their neighbourhood
- A new Vitra Museum exhibition shows the hedonistic history of nightclub design
- A chat with the anonymous archivist behind vintage smut celebration Hardcore Decor
- A peek inside the bulging, bold portfolio of multidisciplinary studio Spassky Fisher