We know that Things conjures strange, yet wonderful, feelings inside you. Don’t suppress them, you know it’s best for you and to give you a better reason, this week is especially full of marvellous items. What are you waiting for?
Phaidon Focus: Essential Introductions to Modern Artists
Phaidon Focus have produced these beautifully designed books to give you the know-how to the most iconic artists of the modern day. With a simple layout and the same colour theme running throughout each edition, they bring you the essentials in a concise manner. Now you can show off your art knowledge without any worries of being shot down.
The Magic Book Of Nightmares
Don’t deny you still check under your bed for monsters, and in the wardrobe for the sandman. It’s okay, Belly Kids hear your cries and have collaborated with 19 illustrators to “explore the magical world of nightmares.” So take a deep breath, you aren’t the only one.
Accidentally On Purpose
It is my pleasure to present to you this truly brilliant zine by photographer Ben Richards. Comprised of all his non-desired photographs of double exposures, light trails and out-of-focus shots – this is my kind of photography. You da best Ben.
Heresy: God’s Work
This mysterious-looking zine is a collection of illustrations from the likes of Jean Jullien, Tom Sewell and Aaron Gregory. According to these illustrators, atheism is a black and white world full of ambiguous happenings with the odd splashing of symbolism. I have no idea what the sausage or the church submerged in water mean…
Another Escape: A Creative Exploration Volume One
I was really drawn to the design of this magazine, especially the little symbols that categorise the motives behind Another Escape, which is: “the need for inspiration, the exploration of ideas, the application of ideas in process, and the final response.” Articles include a trip to the aquarium and an interview with a 80-year-old scuba diver. A must have for all adventure addicts, and those counting down the days till their holiday.
- LuckyMe’s Lunice film for Apple Music is a theatrical trip through 90s hip hop videos
- Printed Pages AW17 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints, a party and more!
- Tatiana Ermolaeva's coherent “but not too slick” work for the Strelka Bar
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum