Roll up roll up, Things is here and this week, oh my isn’t it a mighty one!? With little yellow zines, fantastic magazines, paper posters, huge posters and one lovely paper, grab yourself a coffee, sit back and get ready to be wowed….
The Gentlewoman: Issue Six
You just have to take one glance at the front cover of The Gentlewomen to know that it is one exceptionally cool issue of the wonderful magazine. With 85 year-old Angela Lansbury “the quintessential gentlewoman” looking pretty dapper on the front cover, the magazine celebrates fashion and womanhood is fabulous style throughout. With beautiful photography and journalism to match our we know where our noses will be firmly stuck this weekend.
Mr Spoqui #37: The Collection Issue
Zines are fun aren’t they, especially when they are bright yellow and come complete with lots and lots of stickers. Made by four siblings from Portugal (one, two, three…. awwww) issue number 37 centres around the somewhat endearing theme of collections. Filled with interviews, comics, photos and drawings, the final product is just great. What a nice use of such creative genes!
Symbol: Paper for New Art (Summer 2012)
Sailing through our door in tremendous style this week is issue number two of the beautifully designed Symbol paper. Curating the work of new and emerging artists from all over the world, the inside pages are filled with beautiful photography, insightful words and pretty wondrous graphic design too. Brilliant
Puck Studio: Birthday Presents
When it comes to sorting our post here at It’s Nice That, envelopes are cool but I tell you what gets us really excited. Tubes. Yep, poster tubes get us really excited. Go ahead and think we are strange but you only have to feast your eyes on these prints that came through our door in no other than a giant tube and you’ll catch our drift. In celebration of their first birthday the lovely people at Puck Studio sent us over these wonderfully bright and beautifully designed prints. Taking centre stage on our walls, we thank you Puck Studio!
Kunst Halle Sankt Gallen: Sylvia Sleigh
We always like people who do things just that little bit differently so when the Kunst Halle Sankt Gallen sent us though their press release for their latest Sylvia Sleigh exhibition in the form of a giant newspaper poster we instantly loved it. With beautiful imagery on the front and a giant all-smiles portrait on the back, Kunst Halle Sankt Gallen do exhibition promotion very very well.
- LuckyMe’s Lunice film for Apple Music is a theatrical trip through 90s hip hop videos
- Printed Pages AW17 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints, a party and more!
- Tatiana Ermolaeva's coherent “but not too slick” work for the Strelka Bar
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum