Photographer Tim Walker and designer Molly Goddard have announced the release of a new book, Patty. Styled by Molly’s sister Alice Goddard, the book is packed with pieces from Molly’s archive stretching back to her 2012 BA collection.
Models, family and friends take starring roles in Patty photographed in Molly’s sculptural signature cloud-like tulle creations in eye-catchingly vivid hues. The book was art directed by Jaime Perlman, ex-British Vogue’s creative director.
“It was amazing to work on Patty with Tim and Alice who I trust completely,” Molly reflects. “We started the project with no parameters, thinking about form and personalities. This approach is reflected in the physical object and I’m really proud of it!”
The former Central Saint Martins BA fashion knitwear graduate went on to do an MA at the fashion school in 2014, interning with John Galliano and now defunct label Meadham Kirchhoff. Molly Goddard’s designs have since been worn by everyone from Rihanna to Agyness Dean. This May, she was announced as the winner of the BFC/Vogue Designer Fashion Fund, winning £200,000 and a mentoring scheme for a year.
Patty will be on sale at Dover Street Market London from 17 May, available to buy in store and via the Molly Goddard website.
- Luis Alberto Rodriguez photographs use contorted and twisted limbs to express emotion
- Season Zine's Felicia Pennant on how the publication puts female football fans first
- Record label Melody as Truth is carving out a woozy, spacey audio-visual niche
- “Create a flag that represents your own Island” – The amazing entries from the #MyIslandFlag Insta brief
- We ask Nadine Redlich, Wieden+Kennedy and more to visualise their highlights of the World Cup
- Friday Mixtape: Caterina Bianchini's mix to listen to "In your pants! On the bus! Walking! Running!"
- Photographer Jack Johnstone's dreamy images are so soft they're almost otherworldly
- “Unporn” is the photo stock collection for those suggestive, naughty moments
- KangHee Kim's images are as satisfying to create as they are to look at
- Penguin unveils striking series of redesigned Jack Kerouac books
- Veteran designer Sir Kenneth Grange has reconfigured the pint glass
- Sophy Hollington’s striking tarot deck combines mysticism with a glam-punk contemporary twist