Photographer Tim Walker and designer Molly Goddard have announced the release of a new book, Patty. Styled by Molly’s sister Alice Goddard, the book is packed with pieces from Molly’s archive stretching back to her 2012 BA collection.
Models, family and friends take starring roles in Patty photographed in Molly’s sculptural signature cloud-like tulle creations in eye-catchingly vivid hues. The book was art directed by Jaime Perlman, ex-British Vogue’s creative director.
“It was amazing to work on Patty with Tim and Alice who I trust completely,” Molly reflects. “We started the project with no parameters, thinking about form and personalities. This approach is reflected in the physical object and I’m really proud of it!”
The former Central Saint Martins BA fashion knitwear graduate went on to do an MA at the fashion school in 2014, interning with John Galliano and now defunct label Meadham Kirchhoff. Molly Goddard’s designs have since been worn by everyone from Rihanna to Agyness Dean. This May, she was announced as the winner of the BFC/Vogue Designer Fashion Fund, winning £200,000 and a mentoring scheme for a year.
Patty will be on sale at Dover Street Market London from 17 May, available to buy in store and via the Molly Goddard website.
- Will Anderson on his Bafta-nominated animation, Have Heart
- Bonjour Garçon combines photography and graphic design to make "strong and delicate" work
- Friday Mixtape: Thomas Pratt curates a mix for a night out in the Bahamas
- The spontaneous, saturated and energetic portfolio of photographer Anton Gottlob
- Alexander Mourant's photographs trace a road-trip he took down the length of Africa
- Video artist Natalia Stuyk on crossing from the digital to the physical world
- Google Creative Lab's animated series tells the story of iPhone users who tried the Pixel 2
- Photographer Michael Northrup’s striking new book is a visual timeline of a former relationship
- The Scouts rebrand aims to reflect a “more relevant image of Scouting”
- "Something bold, something pure" – the 50-year long legacy of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Yishu Wang's wonderfully disorientating photography
- Airbnb launches new bespoke font Cereal, designed with Dalton Maag for online and offline fluidity