If you too have an obsession with print that verges on the unhealthy, then chances are you’ll have come across Under Consideration’s network of sites. Across For Print Only, Brand New, Art of the Menu and Quipsologies the design studio/publishers run by Bryony Gomez-Palacio and Armin Vit share their passion for all things print. Now this online platform has taken the obvious but very welcome step of producing its own publication, UC.Quarterly, which presents a selection of some of the best bits of the blogs.
The work is presented with no explanatory text, just a link to the original article because the new title is intended “not as a comprehensive report but a heavily-packed, assorted collection of projects worth exploring on each own’s time.”
The hand-bound covers of the first issue are made using reclaimed makeready and test sheets from printers; a nice touch reflecting the tome’s raison d’être.
- Malika Favre talks about studying engineering, her first job and tight deadlines from The New Yorker
- Say what you see, it’s Best of the Web!
- The art of plane watching captured by Mindaugas Kavaliauskas
- Friday Mixtape: escape from the world with Xenoula's ethereal mix
- Towers of Thanks: Res photographs their mother's life working for Donald Trump
- A world of pain: Sixteen Journal's latest issue
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner