Ahead of Warpaint’s performance headlining Glastonbury’s Park Stage tomorrow (24 June 2017), their incredible guitarist Theresa Wayman has curated this week’s playlist!
Created for It’s Nice That with the help of the Greenpeace field, which will of course be at Glastonbury again this year, below Theresa tells us who she is looking forward to seeing over the weekend and the records Warpaint have been listening to recently.
When or where should this mixtape be listened to?
When the time sands take a weight off or the harpsichord session signals it’s time to come down.
Who are you looking forward to seeing at Glastonbury?
Kate Tempest, Little Dragon, Anderson. Paak, Katy Perry, Badbadntgood, Thundercat, Radiohead, Major Lazer, The XX, DJ Shadow, Future Islands, Run The Jewels, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard…sooo many.
What albums have you been listening to recently?
J Dilla’s Donuts, for the past five years. Sleaford Mods’ English Tapas and Key Markets for the last three months. Why? Because they’re just endlessly good. Also Little Dragon, Nabuma Rubberband, for the same reason.
If a feature film of Greenpeace was to be made, what song would be on the trailer?
This Land is Your Land by Woody Guthrie…that morphs into an edm version half way through to get the kids’ attention.
- Experimental photography magazine Bill plays with the notion of the image as a material object
- Thomas Demand in conversation with It’s Nice That
- For Alice Monvaillier, animation is a "pretty magical process"
- My Body Feels Amazing: Elevator Teeth uses words and images to conduct a dialogue with the self
- City Edition Studio creates projects with a soft, collaborative and kind tone of voice
- Jack Smyth talks us through what makes a successful book jacket design
- “The future of design is in the creation of tools”: Meet the Space Type Generator
- Master one style or stay versatile? Illustrators discuss the pros and cons
- WeTransfer tell users to "Please Leave" in new short film
- Youngchae Lee illustrates what “alone time” feels like in large landscapes
- Yushi Li on photographing men she met through Tinder
- When Hollie Fernando forgot her age, she decided to take her first self-portraits