Ahead of Warpaint’s performance headlining Glastonbury’s Park Stage tomorrow (24 June 2017), their incredible guitarist Theresa Wayman has curated this week’s playlist!
Created for It’s Nice That with the help of the Greenpeace field, which will of course be at Glastonbury again this year, below Theresa tells us who she is looking forward to seeing over the weekend and the records Warpaint have been listening to recently.
When or where should this mixtape be listened to?
When the time sands take a weight off or the harpsichord session signals it’s time to come down.
Who are you looking forward to seeing at Glastonbury?
Kate Tempest, Little Dragon, Anderson. Paak, Katy Perry, Badbadntgood, Thundercat, Radiohead, Major Lazer, The XX, DJ Shadow, Future Islands, Run The Jewels, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard…sooo many.
What albums have you been listening to recently?
J Dilla’s Donuts, for the past five years. Sleaford Mods’ English Tapas and Key Markets for the last three months. Why? Because they’re just endlessly good. Also Little Dragon, Nabuma Rubberband, for the same reason.
If a feature film of Greenpeace was to be made, what song would be on the trailer?
This Land is Your Land by Woody Guthrie…that morphs into an edm version half way through to get the kids’ attention.
- Intimate, safe and romantic: Ekaterina Popova paints the interiors of her friend’s bedrooms
- Alfie Dwyer on creating game-like worlds and moulding tangible films like “putty”
- Through playful forms, Bára Růžičková tackles the rigid structure of the design industry
- Meji Alabi on discovering his roots through film and music
- Stoic black cats and burning worlds: Quentin Dufour on his chaotic illustrations
- Jiří Makovec’s photographs meander between the personal and the universal
- Facebook rebrands to distinguish the company from the app
- Jack Kenyon photographs the wondrous spectacle of the Supreme Cat Show
- &Walsh designs Zooba's identity inspired by the busy streets of Cairo
- A book chronicling tiny, bizarre treasures curated by Wes Anderson and Juman Malouf
- Find hidden squares and experimental inktraps in Fatih Hardal's FH Giselle
- Pentagram’s Giorgia Lupi on her data-driven designs for & Other Stories