London-based agency Zak Group are dab-hands at exhibition identities and this one for Europe, Europe at the Astrup Fearnley Meseet is no exception. They designed the identity and accompanying print and promotional materials for this, the first iteration of a touring exhibition curated by Hans Ulrich Obrist, Thomas Boutoux and Gunnar B. Kvaran. The exhibition brought together over 30 young artists all under the age of 35 and from eight European cities. The design referred to the “multiplicity of identities that exist within the continent… Europes within Europe.”
Zak Group is directed by Zak Kyes and Grégory Ambos, their focus is on collaborative practice and the potential for design to impact culture. As well as their design practice they run workshops, contribute to publications and curate exhibitions and events.
- We ask Duncan Cowles to create the ultimate Christmas ad, using only Adobe Stock and some expert advice
- Blok rethinks the design of cannabis after its legalisation in Canada
- Christmas decorations cause OCD sufferers distress in New York
- Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared to debut at Sundance Film Festival
- Design studio Julia on a decade of turning complex ideas into graphic symbols
- Yung Hua Chen’s photography is effortlessly glamorous