Creative agency adam&eveDDB has created a short film celebrating a new generation of footballers to mark the worldwide launch of Fifa 19.
The short is directed by Brooklyn-based film production duo Brthr through Riff Raff and Passion Pictures. Brthr, made up of Alex Lee and Kyle Wightman have previously gained underground notoriety for music videos for the likes of Charli XCX, Jessie Ware and most famously, for the six and a half minute epic for The Weeknd’s, In The Night.
The playful and high-octane two-minute film titled, Champions Rise, features Elijah Quashie of Channel 4’s, Peng Life. It evokes the gaming communities for Twitch showing players taking part in real-time from their living rooms, via a split screen. Alongside these tongue-in-cheek cameos are, of course, superstars of the game, including Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar Jr., and Kylian Mbappe.
Speaking about the campaign, Mat Goff, joint CEO of adam&eveDDB, says: “Fifa 19 puts the Uefa Champions League in the hands of gamers for the first time. It’s been great working with the team at EA Sports again, along with some of the world’s greatest footballing talent to showcase the rise of a new generation of champions.”
Fifa 19 will be released on 28 September.
- “I’ve landed on my planet now”: Sebaldo on refining his bonkers animated characters
- Syncope by Virgile Flores explores the duality between graphic design and music
- Louise Daneels makes playful, ceramic illustrations of everyday objects
- Maroesjka Lavigne’s debut monograph captures unforgettable landscapes and their inhabitants
- Painter Igor Moritz's vivid paintings express the colours of inner life
- Meet Take Care, a magazine tackling the UK’s housing crisis
- Turning her lens to those around her, Danna Singer reveals the story of a working class community
- Kyle Berger’s Photoshopped images exist in “a post-truth timeline”
- The climate crisis is daunting, but as a creative professional, there’s much you can do
- Elizabeth Hibbard’s unsettling photographs examine subjective experience with a visceral gaze
- “My creativity is sparked by music and architecture”: meet graphic designer Stephanie Specht
- Adventure Time’s finale nominated for Emmy, alongside BoJack and Big Mouth