RSA’s Black Dog films have announced a new video for James Blake track My Willing Heart. Directed by Anna Rose Holmer, the music video features a heavily pregnant Natalie Portman.
Shot in black and white, My Willing Heart follows Natalie as she floats aimlessly underwater and sits on a bed, deep in contemplation, a slow-moving portrait of the last days of pregnancy. The track’s melancholy undertones are transformed into something more uplifting as we watch the actress play with a young boy and trace the curve of her swollen stomach with her finger tips.
My Willing Heart follows documentary Two Ways To Sunday and 2015 feature film The Fits to take it’s place as Anna’s third piece of work as a director. Although the American director and writer has a string of film credits which stretch back to 2005 ranging from assistant camera to grip, camera operator to stills photography, My Willing Heart is Anna’s first music video to date.
- Mariana Malhão's illustrations depict "a world inside a world"
- Max Siedentopf offers silly but significant advice in his latest series, Instructions for World Peace
- XZY explores the “visual alchemies of the phenomenon fake" in its debut issue
- Steven Bliss' distant yet familiar series, Boys
- Friday Mixtape: Shopping pick a mix of bands to be excited to be about
- Illustrator Cécile Dormeau on body diversity and defying convention
- The Guardian unveils redesign across print and online
- Aron Klein's captivating images of the Bulgarian demon chasers
- The rebrand for Russia’s tourist board uses Suprematist geometry laid out as a map
- Compare your selfies to fine art through the Google Arts and Culture app’s newest feature
- Coca-Cola reveals custom typeface, TCCC Unity, inspired by its modernist heritage
- Graphic designer Bryan Rivera references mistakes and imperfections in his portfolio