RSA’s Black Dog films have announced a new video for James Blake track My Willing Heart. Directed by Anna Rose Holmer, the music video features a heavily pregnant Natalie Portman.
Shot in black and white, My Willing Heart follows Natalie as she floats aimlessly underwater and sits on a bed, deep in contemplation, a slow-moving portrait of the last days of pregnancy. The track’s melancholy undertones are transformed into something more uplifting as we watch the actress play with a young boy and trace the curve of her swollen stomach with her finger tips.
My Willing Heart follows documentary Two Ways To Sunday and 2015 feature film The Fits to take it’s place as Anna’s third piece of work as a director. Although the American director and writer has a string of film credits which stretch back to 2005 ranging from assistant camera to grip, camera operator to stills photography, My Willing Heart is Anna’s first music video to date.
- Manshen Lo creates surreal, comic-inspired observational illustrations
- “To me, being a man just means being yourself”: five creatives share their thoughts on masculinity
- Hexatope: the web-app utilising computational arts to make personalised jewellery
- Lucy Hardcastle on her “most progressive film to date”
- Moby Digg creates grid-based identity for finance company Baugeld Spezialisten
- Typography and National Socialism – the journey of Futura in an era of "reactionary modernity"
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum