RSA’s Black Dog films have announced a new video for James Blake track My Willing Heart. Directed by Anna Rose Holmer, the music video features a heavily pregnant Natalie Portman.
Shot in black and white, My Willing Heart follows Natalie as she floats aimlessly underwater and sits on a bed, deep in contemplation, a slow-moving portrait of the last days of pregnancy. The track’s melancholy undertones are transformed into something more uplifting as we watch the actress play with a young boy and trace the curve of her swollen stomach with her finger tips.
My Willing Heart follows documentary Two Ways To Sunday and 2015 feature film The Fits to take it’s place as Anna’s third piece of work as a director. Although the American director and writer has a string of film credits which stretch back to 2005 ranging from assistant camera to grip, camera operator to stills photography, My Willing Heart is Anna’s first music video to date.
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Paul Sahre chats to us about his new book Two Dimensional Man: A Graphic Memoir
- How can we connect young, diverse talent with the agencies who crave it?
- Ricky Leung’s illustrations capture the quiet moments of everyday life
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- North reveals full Science Museum rebrand, and reacts to online criticism
- GraphicDesign& outline three projects that successfully support and impact mental wellbeing
- Dove apologises and removes advert showing a black woman becoming a white woman
- Apple announces launch of gender neutral emojis
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity