Another Man has released the theme and cover stars of its SS17 issue, Sonic Universe.
The line-up includes Oliver Sim of The XX and twin brothers George and Jack Barnett of These New Puritans, photographed by Alasdair McLellan and styled by creative director Alister Mackie. The third cover sees photographer Ethan James Green shoot Faris Badwan of The Horrors and Cat’s Eyes, while artist Elizabeth Peyton has painted a special cover of Iceage frontman Elias Bender Rønnenfelt.
As well as the four alternate cover stars the Sonic Universe issue includes Jarvis Cocker on the collective dreams world of Carl Jung’s The Red Book, Wild Daughter’s James Jeanette meeting Robert Mapplethorpe’s muse David Croland, and Lias Saoudi of The Fat White Family introducing his Moonlandingz alter-ego ‘Johnny Rocket’.
The issue also includes a 32-page “psychedelic document” featuring a tour in London’s College of Psychic Studies, the Dali of Danish jewellery and “a mad scientist who dropped acid with dolphins”.
The issue is available from 24 March.
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Taschen releases two volumes of National Geographic’s best photographs from the past 125 years
- Simon Landrein takes Dan Croll down the rabbit hole in his animated video for Tokyo
- Thomas Duffield on photographing his dad’s hidden heroin addiction
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled