Another Man has released the theme and cover stars of its SS17 issue, Sonic Universe.
The line-up includes Oliver Sim of The XX and twin brothers George and Jack Barnett of These New Puritans, photographed by Alasdair McLellan and styled by creative director Alister Mackie. The third cover sees photographer Ethan James Green shoot Faris Badwan of The Horrors and Cat’s Eyes, while artist Elizabeth Peyton has painted a special cover of Iceage frontman Elias Bender Rønnenfelt.
As well as the four alternate cover stars the Sonic Universe issue includes Jarvis Cocker on the collective dreams world of Carl Jung’s The Red Book, Wild Daughter’s James Jeanette meeting Robert Mapplethorpe’s muse David Croland, and Lias Saoudi of The Fat White Family introducing his Moonlandingz alter-ego ‘Johnny Rocket’.
The issue also includes a 32-page “psychedelic document” featuring a tour in London’s College of Psychic Studies, the Dali of Danish jewellery and “a mad scientist who dropped acid with dolphins”.
The issue is available from 24 March.
- It’s Nice That and Camden Council host evening of talks by LGBTQ creatives
- Michael Marcelle’s photography is “like a broken funhouse mirror in a gay haunted house”
- Books From The Future's experimentally collaborative and investigative publishing
- Issue four of Beauty Papers screws the formula of beauty, giving it a “brave new face”
- Molly Matalon shoots a fashion editorial in the desert, and things get brotherly
- Laura Callaghan on illustrating a lifestyle where women make all decisions
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- North reveals full Science Museum rebrand, and reacts to online criticism
- GraphicDesign& outline three projects that successfully support and impact mental wellbeing
- Dove apologises and removes advert showing a black woman becoming a white woman
- Apple announces launch of gender neutral emojis
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity