If you headed down to the skatepark recently, you may have in for a big a surprise. One of the scene’s most respected figures, Tony Hawk, has collaborated with one of the best-regarded photographers around, Anton Corbjin.
Anton – the Dutch snapper famous for his portraits of everyone from Siouxsie and the Banshees to Stephen Hawking – was recruited by the star of the best skateboarding video games ever to help promote Tony’s new clothing range showcased in Paris this past weekend.
The pair evidently settled on showing a rarely seen, side to the skate star. Anton’s resulting images are as striking as you’d expect from the veteran photographer, taking intimate portraits of Tony alongside a group of skateboarders presenting “a rare glimpse of Tony as a multi-faceted self-made man and mentor.”
- Minet Kim’s illustrations explore the unconscious through symbols and colour
- Kay Kwon’s graphic design practice arose from his love of rock and hip-hop music
- Sam Gregg's latest work uses photography to rediscover his hometown of London
- Joel Evey tests the visual boundaries of Gap through his “under-the-radar” work
- Madelynn Mae Green’s paintings explore themes of memory, family and domesticity
- Department of New Realities on using VR and AR to give pixels personality
- Get ready for 230 new emojis to confuse your mum with
- Netflix rolls out brand new ident for all its original material
- David Rothenberg discusses his unique portraits of the passengers of planes
- Photographer Nick Turpin captures cars bathed in the lights of Piccadilly Circus
- Byun Young Geun likens illustration to “looking into a mirror”
- Naranjo-Etxeberria designs an identity aiming to cause impact at first glance