Isle of Wight-based music event Bestival has launched its 2016 artwork, designed by Charles Williams of design agency Made Up. The designs take the festival’s theme, Future, as a starting point, with illustrations and typography that hint at outer space, machines and flight.
The colour palette of purples, pinks and yellows against a black backdrop runs throughout the illustrations and the logo, which was completely redesigned for 2016. The shading hints at futuristic neons, while symbols such as a peace sign anchor the imagery to more traditional festival signifiers.
- Yuri Suzuki on how the key design tool is always communication
- Anna Sullivan creates a look back at the fascinating tradition of stilt walking shepherds
- Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared to debut at Sundance Film Festival
- Director Angela Stephenson documents Manila's defiance for creative freedom in the narco-state
- Friday Mixtape: Anthony Naples takes us from the party to the after party
- Yung Hua Chen’s photography is effortlessly glamorous
- Alex Gamsu Jenkins’ comics remind us of how gross we really are
- Pop culture powerhouse Bryan Rivera's 2018 in graphic design
- Don't worry, be angry: how politics and creativity collided in 2018
- Vice magazine's creative team talks us through its new and unexpectedly different redesign
- DIA channels NYC and gives Squarespace its signature kinetic treatment in brand refresh
- London Art Fair gets an abstract and textural rebrand for 2019