On April 1, Calvin Klein will launch a new line: Calvin Klein by Appointment. Handmade in New York, the line marks a departure for the iconic American brand, giving the previously celebrity by-appointment service its own made-to-measure line. Spanning embroidery to tailoring, the collection is a tribute to the Calvin Klein atelier.
Raf Simons, Chief Creative Officer of Calvin Klein explained “Calvin Klein is not only about iconic underwear and jeans – it’s about so much more.”
“Calvin Klein By Appointment 1-14 is very much about celebrating the American woman and American fashion.” “It is driven by character; it’s about a woman feeling empowered and being her own person in what she wears,” said Pieter Mulier, Calvin Klein’s Creative Director.
The 14-look collection has been photographed by Willy Vanderperre and styled by Olivier Rizzo for a campaign across newspapers, billboards and internet.
- Manshen Lo creates surreal, comic-inspired observational illustrations
- “To me, being a man just means being yourself”: five creatives share their thoughts on masculinity
- Hexatope: the web-app utilising computational arts to make personalised jewellery
- Lucy Hardcastle on her “most progressive film to date”
- Moby Digg creates grid-based identity for finance company Baugeld Spezialisten
- Typography and National Socialism – the journey of Futura in an era of "reactionary modernity"
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum