On April 1, Calvin Klein will launch a new line: Calvin Klein by Appointment. Handmade in New York, the line marks a departure for the iconic American brand, giving the previously celebrity by-appointment service its own made-to-measure line. Spanning embroidery to tailoring, the collection is a tribute to the Calvin Klein atelier.
Raf Simons, Chief Creative Officer of Calvin Klein explained “Calvin Klein is not only about iconic underwear and jeans – it’s about so much more.”
“Calvin Klein By Appointment 1-14 is very much about celebrating the American woman and American fashion.” “It is driven by character; it’s about a woman feeling empowered and being her own person in what she wears,” said Pieter Mulier, Calvin Klein’s Creative Director.
The 14-look collection has been photographed by Willy Vanderperre and styled by Olivier Rizzo for a campaign across newspapers, billboards and internet.
- Say what you see, it’s Best of the Web!
- The art of plane watching captured by Mindaugas Kavaliauskas
- Friday Mixtape: escape from the world with Xenoula's ethereal mix
- Towers of Thanks: Res photographs his mother's life working for Donald Trump
- A world of pain: Sixteen Journal's latest issue
- R Kikuo Johnson on the importance of narrative in his illustrations
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner