A day after its president and chief creative officer, Christopher Bailey, announced he will be stepping down, Burberry has released its 2017 Christmas campaign. Famous for its alliance with big-name stars, previous years have seen James Corden and Naomi Campbell, Romeo Beckham and Asif Kapadia taking centre stage.
This season, it’s model Cara Delevingne and actor Matt Smith who feature in the festive video shot by Alasdair McLellan. The campaign opens with Cara singing Always on My Mind before cutting to the Pet Shop Boys’ cover of the song. Although initially starting out slow and in black and white, the video quickly switches to VHS-style colour and a more playful vibe.
Throughout the clip, the celeb-duo have fun in various iconic Burberry looks such as trench coats, suits and cashmere scarves, many of which are adorned with the brand’s signature print.
- From documentaries to exhibition design via portraiture and painting, relive June’s Nicer Tuesdays
- Useless is a website mapping out the UK’s zero-waste network
- Material Literacy: Why we need to rethink language to survive the climate crisis
- Welcome to Response and Responsibility, a look at creativity and climate change
- Maurizio Di Iorio tricks the eye with his illusory photography
- With “personality and warmth”, Laura McCluskey turns her lens to those around her
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!