A day after its president and chief creative officer, Christopher Bailey, announced he will be stepping down, Burberry has released its 2017 Christmas campaign. Famous for its alliance with big-name stars, previous years have seen James Corden and Naomi Campbell, Romeo Beckham and Asif Kapadia taking centre stage.
This season, it’s model Cara Delevingne and actor Matt Smith who feature in the festive video shot by Alasdair McLellan. The campaign opens with Cara singing Always on My Mind before cutting to the Pet Shop Boys’ cover of the song. Although initially starting out slow and in black and white, the video quickly switches to VHS-style colour and a more playful vibe.
Throughout the clip, the celeb-duo have fun in various iconic Burberry looks such as trench coats, suits and cashmere scarves, many of which are adorned with the brand’s signature print.
- Josephin Ritschel presents architecture and its surroundings as a stage for storytelling
- Gender, sexuality and male identity as seen through the lens of Jorge Perez Ortiz
- Gab Bois transforms things we’ve seen a thousand times into something spectacular
- Aysha Tengiz on her joyous, colourful and slightly depressing illustrated scenes
- Satellite photography, drawing tools and interactive logotypes feature in Double Click September
- Lego reveals first brand campaign in 30 years, Rebuild the World
- “All you see is lazy photography everywhere”: Martin Parr discusses his career, Brexit and obsession
- The work of Xiangyu Liu is weird and fantastically unpredictable (some NSFW)
- Caterina Bianchini Studio designs a dog-themed identity for a conveyer belt cheese restaurant
- Ikea invites people to “try on” Virgil Abloh furniture collection at LFW
- Hans Findling on his experimental and multidisciplinary approach to design
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!