Chloë Sevigny has directed the 13th instalment of Miu Miu’s Women’s Tales series.
The brand’s Women’s Tales series launched in 2012 in partnership with Venice Film Festival and has seen Miranda July, Lucrerica Martel and Crystal Moselle in directorial roles.
For Carmen the latest short, Chloë follows comedian Carmen Lynch performing in New York, cinematically filmed throughout the city and venues. Chloë directs a humorous but lonely portrait of the artist, displaying Carmen’s performances that discuss points relevant to women today.
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Taschen releases two volumes of National Geographic’s best photographs from the past 125 years
- Simon Landrein takes Dan Croll down the rabbit hole in his animated video for Tokyo
- Thomas Duffield on photographing his dad’s hidden heroin addiction
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled