Dazed has released nine different covers for its 25th anniversary issue, inviting some of the magazine’s past fashion directors and photographers to shoot their ultimate cover star. The covers, featuring the likes of Marilyn Manson shot by Terry Richardson and directed by Nicola Formichetti, and Gigi Hadid shot by Rankin with fashion director Katie Grand, have been periodically released over the past week. The series culminates today with the ninth cover starring Jean Campbell, shot by Roe Ethridge.
The AW16 issue “celebrates the creatives we feel are truly radical in print,” says the magazine, paying tribute to its past collaborators who it says “have always been just a bunch of weirdos at heart”.
The other covers feature: FKA Twigs captured by Ryan McGinley and Karen Langley; Kate Moss styled by Alister Mackie and shot by Ethan James Green; Pamela Anderson shot by Zoe Ghertner; Willow Smith shot by Ben Toms; Natalie Westling captured by Walter Pfeiffer; and Sasha Lane shot by Sean and Seng.
- Department of New Realities' AR-assisted Moncler book is a technological triumph
- Tish Murtha's Elswick Kids portrays "the joy and freedom of childhood"
- The ninth Asian Pacific Triennial’s features an undoubtedly impressive roster
- Lily Rose Thomas' film Girls Who Drink explores three complicated relationships with alcohol
- Broken Bonds explores how pictures can document a different approach to history
- Talk: a magazine reimagining debates surrounding commercial art
- Photographer Andrea Artemisio's wacky realisations breathe fresh air into magazine editorial
- Massive Attack just announced that they've remastered a classic album into...a spray can
- It looks like Banksy intended to shred the whole of Girl with Balloon
- Deep Throat Studio may have been borne out of failure but it thrives today
- Andrés Rosa approaches design by rejecting logic and embracing Dadaist thinking
- A new film uses the Barbican estate at sunset to appreciate the beauty of Brutalism