Traditionally, bouncers have been blokes. Big blokes. Burly blokes. Big burly blokes who squeeze themselves into waistcoats and earpieces (which equate to instant, elevated importance, obviously). Men with hands the size of saucepans who presumably get into bed with their walkie talkies at the other end, to sleep soundly after another night spent separating the super-club wheat from the nightlife chaff outside a branch of Oceana.
But this is 2018 and things have changed and in this brave new world, Victoria Beckham – yes, Posh Spice herself – has decided to give the noble profession a go. Well, for the purpose of a collaboration between Victoria, photographer, director and writer Eloise Parry, and Dazed in order to celebrate the unveiling of her AW18 collection, anyway.
Shot at the uber-trendy Visions club in east London, and featuring model Chloe Nardin, the promo clip comes on like a night in Berghain clad head-to-toe in Balenciaga. Stylishly grimy, it’s got everyone here at It’s Nice That praying for the arrival of Saturday night. Would Victoria let us in? Only time will tell.
Until then, if you need us, we’ll be holed up inside watching every episode of ITV’s seminal documentary series Bouncers on repeat.
- “I’ve landed on my planet now”: Sebaldo on refining his bonkers animated characters
- Syncope by Virgile Flores explores the duality between graphic design and music
- Louise Daneels makes playful, ceramic illustrations of everyday objects
- Maroesjka Lavigne’s debut monograph captures unforgettable landscapes and their inhabitants
- Painter Igor Moritz's vivid paintings express the colours of inner life
- Meet Take Care, a magazine tackling the UK’s housing crisis
- Turning her lens to those around her, Danna Singer reveals the story of a working class community
- Kyle Berger’s Photoshopped images exist in “a post-truth timeline”
- The climate crisis is daunting, but as a creative professional, there’s much you can do
- Elizabeth Hibbard’s unsettling photographs examine subjective experience with a visceral gaze
- “My creativity is sparked by music and architecture”: meet graphic designer Stephanie Specht
- Adventure Time’s finale nominated for Emmy, alongside BoJack and Big Mouth