Earlier this week, Missouri-based pork producer, Farmland Foods, called out Supreme for supposedly stealing its logo on the clothing brand’s FW18 Horizon 5-Panel cap.
With no word from Supreme since, Farmland foods have staged a brilliant response by creating a mocking lookbook featuring its hardworking farmers adorned in Supreme goods. Publishing the photos on its Instagram, the look is an unexpectedly stylish interpretation of agricultural chic.
A few days ago Farmland Foods tweeted “Hey #Supreme, that logo looks super familiar. We missed the drop – what do you think about sending a few our way?” The lookbook humorously draws similarities between farming workwear and streetwear set against rustic backdrops of corrugated iron and exposed brickwork; a set that could easily slide into any leading art director’s portfolio.
Rather cheekily, Farmland Foods also stated, “give us a heads up next time you’re ready for a collab, #Supreme. We’ve got the perfect models”. To say the least, it would be a treasure to see these men continue their modelling career in this season’s runways.
What do you think,
supremenewyork? #Supreme #FARMLANDxSUPREME #Farmland</a></p> <p style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">A post shared by <a href="https://www.instagram.com/farmlandfoods/?utm_source=ig_embed" style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px;" target="_blank"> Farmland</a> (farmlandfoods) on
- Michael Cox's latest paintings turn the artist's attention to the comfort of suburbia
- Though gothic typeface FH Fraktur may not be legible, it certainly is fun
- Da大 by Beijing-based ori.studio reimagines the format of the interview
- Erik Kessels on why he's collected 2000 records featuring large groups of people
- Ka-Man Tse photographs the marginalised lives of Hong Kong's queer community
- Tres Tipos Gráficos balances references with ingenuity in its design for printed matter
- Pentagram’s Michael Bierut talks us through his Slack brand reboot
- "Logos date like clothes": Six designers debate what makes an ideal brand identity
- B.A.M's new identity for White Cube is an “evolution rather than a revolution”
- An egg beats Kylie Jenner to become the most liked Instagram photo... ever
- Village Green talks us through its identity for the 2019 D&AD Festival
- Viviana Troya presents egg-based optical illusions in new work Hatchery