Acne Studios have enlisted two creatively significant names to showcase their Women’s pre-Fall collection this year, including Bobby Gillespie of Primal Scream modelling, photographed by the masterful lens of Colin Dodgson.
“I have always been interested in the self-expression clothing can give,” says Jonny Johansson, creative director of Acne Studios. “Often, I’ve been inspired by the self-expression of musicians. As I was finalising this collection, I realised I’d designed a look for Bobby Gillespie.”
With items of clothing that mix vintage finds with pieces of character, Acne Studios have created a universal and unisex wardrobe. Shot in Colin’s serenely natural style, the campaign presents an ideal partnership of icons, clothing and photography.
- Meet illustrator Inji Seo's cast of curvy characters
- Riposte magazine meets graphic designer Sheila Levrant de Bretteville
- Nicolas Garner explores the clash of digital and organic in his hyperreal imagery
- Dennis Church’s 12-year project sees him capture the visual noise of America’s streets
- Hudson Christie’s illustration trickery uses depth to create textured, flat pieces
- A rare interview with enigmatic and cherished photographer, Nguan
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner