Photographers Francesca Allen and Maisie Cousins will launch a joint exhibition this evening (9 February 2017). I Feel Sick / Hot Flush, is the first time the pair have displayed their work together. The exhibition will take place at KK Outlet, London, until 27 February. Each photographer will take a room of KK Outlet to transform into, “their own celebration of sex, pleasure and freedom”.
“We meet the work of the photographers at a point in their lives where there is a sense of coming of age – a phrase traditionally associated with puberty – but something that perhaps becomes more relevant as a young woman,” says KK Outlet. “Throughout their images they’re exploring the female body with defiant sexuality and a feeling of anxious excitement.”
Within the exhibition Francesca will showcase a series of portraits, displaying powerful women embracing sexual freedom. Maisie’s work displays her collages that incomparably balance tension and humour. “There’s a huge sense of fun, rebelliousness and self-assuredness – the women in the work are in control”.
The exhibition runs from 10 – 27 February, more information can be found here.
- Meet illustrator Inji Seo's cast of curvy characters
- Riposte magazine meets graphic designer Sheila Levrant de Bretteville
- Nicolas Garner explores the clash of digital and organic in his hyperreal imagery
- Dennis Church’s 12-year project sees him capture the visual noise of America’s streets
- Hudson Christie’s illustration trickery uses depth to create textured, flat pieces
- A rare interview with enigmatic and cherished photographer, Nguan
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner