Gucci has commissioned 15 female artists to create a set of 15 illustrations orbiting the concepts of coming of age, female friendships, and growing up.
The list of artists includes It’s Nice That favourites such as Joy Miessi, with an abstract mixed-media piece inspired by Hampstead Heath, and Polly Nor, whose illustration shows two female decked out in Gucci transforming into her signature demons with the caption “when you’re alone with your best friend…”
“This set of illustrations is inspired by my own friendships and the open, honest and often mischievous conversations we share when we’re alone together," Polly comments.
Elsewhere in the campaign are contributions from artist Phoebe Collings-James, who has contributed a series of watercolour images of a chrysalis alongside the text, “As my limbs began to multiply I soon towered over. Lips pressed. Tears burned my ears. My soul pounding. Before I knew it, I was here.”
From actress Rowan Blanchard, there’s a text-based piece written across a background of millennial pink and cassis buds which reads, “In my dream you are delightfully suspicious of my words. You believe not in the flowers in which I try to color them but instead in my hand grabbing yours back and I really believe in how although I never really smile you still know when I am happy.”
The illustrations form part of the advertising campaign for Gucci’s creative director Alessandro Michele’s second fragrance for women, Gucci Bloom Acqua di Fiori.
- How Alex Prager made the world stop and stare
- Photographer Louise Reinke's latest shoot is inspired by the legendary Dionne Warwick
- Photographer Eli Durst's series Pinnacle Realty challenges stereotypes of suburban America
- Grace Miceli’s bold and playful illustrations re-interpret brands in humorous ways
- Tsto returns to design Flow Festival's identity, pushing and playing with its typography
- Rosie Yasukochi's vibrant comic reflects on post-generational trauma
- "Don't drink and dance in front of your peers": ten creatives on their biggest mistakes
- All internships are not created equal: how to spot the best opportunities and have the courage to reject the duds
- Crayola launches a makeup range based on its ubiquitous crayons
- Beyoncé and Jay Z take over the Louvre for Apeshit music video
- Why counter-culture matters: Rough Trade launches publishing venture designed by Craig Oldham
- Greg Sharp animates a video that builds in momentum for the catchiest song of the year