Gucci has commissioned 15 female artists to create a set of 15 illustrations orbiting the concepts of coming of age, female friendships, and growing up.
The list of artists includes It’s Nice That favourites such as Joy Miessi, with an abstract mixed-media piece inspired by Hampstead Heath, and Polly Nor, whose illustration shows two female decked out in Gucci transforming into her signature demons with the caption “when you’re alone with your best friend…”
“This set of illustrations is inspired by my own friendships and the open, honest and often mischievous conversations we share when we’re alone together," Polly comments.
Elsewhere in the campaign are contributions from artist Phoebe Collings-James, who has contributed a series of watercolour images of a chrysalis alongside the text, “As my limbs began to multiply I soon towered over. Lips pressed. Tears burned my ears. My soul pounding. Before I knew it, I was here.”
From actress Rowan Blanchard, there’s a text-based piece written across a background of millennial pink and cassis buds which reads, “In my dream you are delightfully suspicious of my words. You believe not in the flowers in which I try to color them but instead in my hand grabbing yours back and I really believe in how although I never really smile you still know when I am happy.”
The illustrations form part of the advertising campaign for Gucci’s creative director Alessandro Michele’s second fragrance for women, Gucci Bloom Acqua di Fiori.
- Photographer Svetlana Bulatova documents the environmental trauma of the Chechen wars
- From designer to full time artist, Caroline Walls on her gestural paintings
- Benjamin Muzzin on how digital art needs to be “shaken up badly”
- Choose Your Fighter: illustrator Kevin Sabo’s queering of hyper-masculine gaming culture
- Matthew Jones gives insight into Accept & Proceed's work for Nasa
- Illustrator Jordan Awan on fulfilling his childhood dream
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Apple's new typeface is available for use right now
- Channelling personality into branding: Commission Studio on Fenty’s new visual identity
- Does the perfect portfolio exist? Top creatives and studios offer their advice
- Droga5 unveils undulating identity for London’s newest outdoor destination, The Tide
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!